Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is shinning again with a slight chance of rain. The high of 55 and the low of 38.

It was so nice out yesterday that in the late afternoon I decided it was time that all of my windchimes be put up along with the rest of my wind spinners. I was doing the windchimes when I heard someone say that I should switch two of them for a better visual look and when I turned around there stood 4 children, 2 young adults and 2 adults. They said they had been wondering when I would get them up as they loved hearing them and one household said they loved hearing them at night when they had the windows open and were in bed. They are all tuned ones and very pretty in design and colors. I had the wind spinners laying on the ground where I was putting them and the 2 adults said they would put them in if that was ok. Ok? I was so happy for their help as some of them are over 2 feet across and 6-7 feet tall and a challenge at times for me. I love putting everything up so usually do it myself but the help was welcome this year. I found a beautiful decorated planter that is so whimsical and full of flowers on the porch later with a thank you note from 3 of my neighbors that was so touching. I did not realize that others wait for and enjoy them as much as I do. It was such a enjoyable time. I am putting up the lights today that will make the wind chimes look so pretty after dark. The soft glow of the light makes it such peaceful and inviting place in the evening.

I am making sloppy joes, salad and the rest of the baked apples.

What will be your dinner tonight?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good morning We have a light drizzle happening here and only supposed to go up to high of 6 today. I just got a fire going in the wood stove to help lift the dampness in the house.

I just love the sound of wind chimes! I have a small one, but have hinted to my kids that I'd really REALLY like to have a good, tuned one, like what you have livetobake. Hubby just told me to go ahead and order one and treat myself. Besides going to the garden centre to purchase my flowers, my next fav thing was to listen to all the chimes they had hanging out on dislplay. I actually think I'd be better off to purchase myself and not online so as I have the perfect tune I love.

We are going to get our 1st vaccinations this afternoon, have leftover meatloaf that will be easy to heat up when we come back, it will be later in day.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Seeing and hearing I think is best myself Mudder. Some of mine are birds with the wings on springs so when the wind or breeze is blowing it makes them appear as if they are flying with the flapping wings and the body moving up and down as it is also attached with a spring onto the S hook. So bright and cheerful. At night in the light they look even better I think.

Now I need getting my flowers for 15 planters that sit on railings and plants for my garden beds. It is a lot of planting and months of beauty and good harvesting from gardens.

If you get a windchime please post a picture if you would like. I would enjoy seeing it. Thanks.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Why don't you post pictures of all your windchimes LTB ? And all the other stuff that you have out on your porch , your garden etc. I am so sure there are lots of people on this board who would just love to see all your planters , etc.

Comment

" one household said they loved hearing them at night when they had the windows open and were in bed. "

Really, I find that hard to believe, but if you say so.

Comment

It’s snowing right now. It’s been off and on since yesterday. That’s Colorado for you! We don’t mind.

I’m making Tony Roma's Baked Potato Soup again (it’s been a favorite this year). Salad or maybe grilled cheese too.

Time for some hot cocoa. Mmmm

Comment

I'm going out for dinner this evening with friends

Comment

It’s been another spectacular day in the PNW today, beautiful sunshine and nice temperatures and views for miles. The Olympic and Cascade ranges are really gorgeous right now. We went to Marysville for Ken’s doctor visit, dipped at Ace Hardware, the bank and the vet’s office to get another bottle of insulin for Abby. Tomorrow our landscaping project gets started...Yay!

We’re going to have more of the smoked tri-tip and pasta salad and we’ll have some peaches with it. Then we’ll have pineapple cherry dump cake for dessert. That dump cake is just so darn good, it’s constantly calling to us from the fridge!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  " one household said they loved hearing them at night when they had the windows open and were in bed. "

Really, I find that hard to believe, but if you say so.
                  Why do you say that's hard to believe?
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                  X