Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The temperatures are warming up in my neck of the woods and the humidity is heading this way also. The high today will be 74 and the low of 52 with a slight chance of rain. I am hoping I will get the last of the planting done by tonight or early tomorrow before the heat hits.

I will pull some meatballs from the freezer for putting in the crockpot for dinner along with raw veggies, dip and bananas mixed with strawberries.

What will be your evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I just ordered a veg trug from Gardeners supply so I can actually do a bit of gardening this year. If I love it I might get another next year. Now I just have to wait for it to get here. The wildlife in this little city is crazy! The neighbor has his garden fenced in, with a fabric barrier and an electric wire around it. You know the squirrel's still manage to steal the sweet corn and shuck it in the trees tossing everything on the ground being messy jerks!

I am washing windows and scrubbing floors today, the fun never ends. I have a pot of fresh green beans slow cooking and will grill some chicken to go with.

Comment

It’s been gray and drizzly most of the day, and we did get some light rain when we went down to Everett this morning. Ken had his second cataract surgery this morning and he’s doing great. He was shocked to find that he can see the TV very clearly without his glasses now, something he hasn’t been able to do since he was about 8 years old. Our landscape guy finished up our front planter this afternoon and it looks absolutely amazing! We’re so happy with how it turned out and can hardly wait to get the evergreen plants in it. I think it will be an early to bed night because we have to be back in Everett tomorrow morning by 8:30 for a follow up visit.

I’m making Subway clone sandwiches again tonight and we’re going to have some Costco lobster bisque that was in my freezer with it.

Comment

I am glad to hear that your husband's second cataract surgery went well and now he can see without his glasses. I know how that feels.

Comment

Working...
        X