Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a hazy looking morning with a breeze along with humid weather moving in. The high will be a toasty 86 and the low of 62.

i cooked some macaroni this morning and mixed in the last of the chicken salad and some extra veggies and will have it on a bed of lettuce that I cut this morning from the garden bed. A dish of blueberries and strawberries over ice cream will be dinner for tonight.

What will you be having for your culinary delight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have a luncheon out today and will likely be eating something lite this evening.

Comment

MommaBear got me in the mood for hot dogs so I am going to grill a few.

Comment

It’s been cool and partly cloudy today, although it did clear up nicely. I had an appointment at the optometrist this morning and got some new glasses ordered. I started working on the Christmas scarves I’m crocheting to put on our wooden bears on the porch for the holidays. They’ll look pretty nice, it’s variegated in red, green and white. No hurry on getting them done, they’re just a simple double crochet all the way through.

We’re trying out a package of Trader Joe’s mandarin orange chicken tonight and I’m making baked brown rice to go with it. I think I’ll saute a zucchini to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
          I started working on the Christmas scarves I’m crocheting to put on our wooden bears on the porch for the holidays. They’ll look pretty nice, it’s variegated in red, green and white. No hurry on getting them done, they’re just a simple double crochet all the way through.
          I'd love to see them at Christmas with their scarves... they might appreciate matching beanies...
          I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Charlene - The Trader Joe's mandarin orange chicken always seems to get a lot of publicity and how much people like it. To me, it isn't anything great. It will do in a pinch but I don't think it deserves the high praise it seems to get as the number one product in the frozen foods at Trader Joes. Hope you and Ken liked it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

I'd love to see them at Christmas with their scarves... they might appreciate matching beanies...
              We’re going to get some nice Santa hats for them,
              put rocks in some empty boxes and wrap them and have the yard and porch all lit up. I’ll definitely post some pictures of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                Charlene - The Trader Joe's mandarin orange chicken always seems to get a lot of publicity and how much people like it. To me, it isn't anything great. It will do in a pinch but I don't think it deserves the high praise it seems to get as the number one product in the frozen foods at Trader Joes. Hope you and Ken liked it though.
                We liked it a lot, I sautéed some zucchini in with the chicken. It would be perfect for those nights I’m uninspired but hungry. I was glad I bought two packages of it!

Comment

Working...
                X