Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sky is mostly overcast with peeks of sunshine here and there. It will be another warm day with the high of 84 and the low of 68.

We are having a chef salad tonight along with rolls and pineapple.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We went to visit Gordon today... he was so happy to see us. He's making good progress with his physiotherapy and I can't help thinking that given time, he could have continued to live in his house. He feels very deserted as neither his children nor grandchildren (adults) are visiting. It appears that only one friend and John and I are visiting at all. He deserves better. He knows that we are moving but we will be here for 10-12 months yet.

Didn't feel like cooking tonight and we did something that we haven't done for years... we got a family meal from KFC. It was ok. We followed up with banana and icecream to get rid of the greasy feeling in our mouths. I really like blitzing cold chicken with aioli to make a chicken spread and I'll do that tomorrow with the leftovers.

I've packed a few boxes of books tonight and one box containing my LPs. Still haven't rediscovered anything that I thought lost.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Today is a beautiful day and it’s also our 43rd wedding anniversary. We think of ourselves as being married since 1975 when Ken moved in, but the wedding happened in 1978. I can’t even imagine my life without him, he’s my soul mate and best friend. I think I’ll keep him!

We are going to celebrate by going to Outback Steakhouse. We haven’t been there in over a year and it’s the one thing we promised ourselves after our vaccinations. It’s definitely going to be a splurge night!

Comment

Congrats Charlene
        happy anniversary to both of you
        Enjoy your dinner at Outback Steakhouse

Comment

Raining here or I might have gone to Cracker Barrel. I put a quiche in the oven.

Comment

Charlene - It is nice you are able to celebrate your anniversary this year. Hope you both had a cocktail and toasted each other. Nice accomplishment. Hope you enjoyed your evening out.

Comment

We had a wonderful dinner, but no cocktails. I don’t drink alcohol at all and Ken is a dark beer man. We clinked those glasses though! We absolutely know how lucky we are and celebrate it every day.

Comment

Working...
              X