Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a hot and steamy day with the high of 88 and the low of 62.

I am solo tonight and have decided a Waldorf salad sounds so good.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Tiff and Immy visited today and while they were here, Tiff climbed up onto my computer desk and gently brought down my pinboards ready to pack. I was given the hint of wrapping them in gladwrap to keep the pins in place which is a great idea. The most precious item on my pinboards is this old padlock. It’s got splotches of paint on it, the brass is tarnished and I have no idea what the other keys belong to. What makes is precious is that it was always on the door of my Dad’s sleepout when he was at work. He slept in our sleepout because he never settled after WW2 to sleep in the house. It was also convenient for him because he worked shift work. This padlock told us if he was at home or not. If he was home, the lock hung on a nail next to the door… if he was at work it was locked on the bolted door. Keeping it unlocked tells me that Dad is always with me.

I didn’t cook again today so we raided the freezer. I found a packet of party pies so we shared that for dinner. I’ve promised John that I’ll cook dinner tomorrow night… possibly pork.

Busy day ahead tomorrow… getting our airconditioner replaced under warranty, Home Help comes to change the beds and I need to start listing things we don’t want to keep on eBay.

https://i.imgur.com/xfFpnG6.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

That’s such a sweet story about your lock Chayote.

It’s been cool and cloudy most of the day today. Ken has been out in the garage doing some steering column installation on the streetrod and I’ve been emptying my closet of clothing I don’t, won’t or can’t wear anymore. Our local high school has a textile collection event for fundraising and the take all textiles whether they’re wearable or not. Ken needs to do his closet too, but the collecting won’t be until the 4th, so he’s got time.

We’re going to have more of the cheese enchiladas and refried beans for dinner.

Comment

Working...
      X