Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It has cooled off with the high of 68 and the low of 52 but best of all is that the humidity is gone. The sun abounds and makes the landscape look so pretty.

I am making a meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli for dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

oops... I didn't check the date before I accidentally responded to the previous dinner post. I thought it was strange that so many people had already responded. My bad.

As I said, I had battered prawns... John had toast with roast pork.

While I can't walk I'm tempted to buy the home-delivered meals that only require heating in the microwave. I'll give John the choice... either help me with dinners or have home-delivered meals. I suspect I know what he'll choose.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I have the grill warming up and am making smoked pot roast. Mashed potatoes and glazed carrots to go with. We are getting estimates for a metal roof, and they are pricey. Hubs wants to do regular shingles because our employees can do it, but I plan on living here for a long time. I dont want to worry if I can afford a roof when I am elderly so I want one that will last the rest of my life.

Comment

That is what I did muz as I felt the same as you do now. Be prepared in the winter when the snow slides off the roof as it sounds like your roof is sliding off the house. The first couple of times I heard that I jumped and upon checking realized what it was. The good thing is that you do not have a lot of snow built up on the roof or backing up under the metal like it does with shingles.

What color are you thinking? They have so many more then they did when I got mine.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Funny story about ice. When we lived in the last house there was an odd ice storm. About 3 in the morning it slid off the roof, and never having lived in a 2 story house before it made a terrible racket up in the bedroom. We didnt know what the heck it was. I jumped out of bed and hubs immediately pushed me down to the floor and covered my mouth. I was like WTF? He thought someone had broke in the house. We sat there for quite a while until I shoved my fearless chihuahua down the stairs to see if anyone was there. We searched the house top to bottom and couldn't figure it out. In the morning we saw the massive sheets of ice smashed to the ground.

Since my house is a little white ranch, it will just be a black roof. Im not a huge fan of the colored ones. I have seen a few of the new tan colors and plums that look good, but it would look out of place on my house. I saw a gray house with a bright blue roof, it just looked stupid. We are thinking of putting stone and the navy blue siding on the house next year, so black will match with everything.

Comment

It has been crazy windy all day today, definitely not a good day to sit outside without an anchor chain around your waist. I got all the photos sorted and into boxes to send to the kids, but I decided I’m also going to go through my cedar chest and get out the baby books and baby shoes and send them those too. I did find a few treasures in those pictures from when I was growing up. I’m keeping those.

I’m going to make chicken piccata pasta toss for dinner and have a small salad with it.

Comment

Working...
            X