Good Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning

I have been hanging out in the bed this morning listening to the little girl next door playing in their backyard. While listening I have been surfing online for a washing machine. Time to get moving now so I can go buy a new washer. Mine died yesterday. We were getting ready for a trip when I bought the one I have. I just bought a new dryer recently and should have just replaced the washer then too.

dinner is questionable but I will get something going a bit later

Good luck with your washing machine, MommaBear... let us know which one you buy.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I ran to our Best Buy and bought their brand Insignia. Hopefully it will be ok. I have the matching dryer and so far I have been happy with it.

My daughter bought a Samsung and I can not reach the bottom to get smaller items out.

Comment

Your daughter probably has a machine with an extra deep tub. I have a Sears Kenmore machine and it has a large tub.

Comment

I can't reach the bottom of mine either. When we move I'll be buying a Miele front loader. I'll have the issue about reaching down to almost floor level but so be it.

Comment

Chayote - Some front loaders have a platform you can buy to raise the machine up higher. Does Miele offer that? If they do, then that would be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Chayote - Some front loaders have a platform you can buy to raise the machine up higher. Does Miele offer that? If they do, then that would be helpful.
              g'day, Vera... the laundry room will be built with a bench (counter top?) right along the wall with a trough (basin?) at one end. The washer and dryer will need to fit under that bench. We are trying not to change too much on the plan because everything changed will cost more money. That's why I won't be taking my dear Mum's washing machine. Hopefully I can find someone who will want it.

Comment

Good luck with your new set. We just ordered a set from Lowe’s and it won’t be here until August. I’m happy it’s going to be big enough to wash anything. The one that died in January I couldn’t even wash my comforter.

Comment

Originally posted by MommaBear View Post
                  I ran to our Best Buy and bought their brand Insignia. Hopefully it will be ok. I have the matching dryer and so far I have been happy with it.
                  How is your washer going, MommaBear? Is it meeting with your expectation from it?

Comment

I just recently bought a washing machine with a large capacity tub. It’s great for washing king sized blankets and comforters. It is hard to reach the bottom for small things like socks so I bought a grabber and keep it next to the machine. Something like this. https://smile.amazon.com/Foldable-Mo...2602518&sr=8-5

Comment

Working...
                    X