Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 30th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast at the moment with partly sunny skies later with the high of 64 and the low of 46. The rain has moved on and left everything in my gardens and flower boxes watered and flourishing.

I pulled a small container of chili from the freezer and will make baked potatoes for a baked potato bar tonight with the chili and various other toppings.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Our eldest daughter has been working with the builders to sort out the final plan for our new home. Funny... I'd fallen in love with two previous plans and sat at my computer and inserted little pictures of furniture to show where our own furniture will go in this amazing new house. At the last minute both of those plans got scrapped because they didn't fit on the block of land and my daughter found a new one that I fell in love with immediately. So I sat my computer inserting little pictures of furniture into the new plan and found that it all fitted in much better. Some alterations are going to happen... enlarged showers, lots of grab rails near the toilet and in the showers, and no glass doors around the shower which pleases me because I hate having to clean the soap off them. Both showers will be walk-in with no screens or curtains. To say that we are getting excited about this brand new home would be an understatement. We've never lived in a new home before and thanks to our daughter and son-in-law, the later stage of our lives will be spent living in the lap of luxury. I don't know what we did to deserve this much care, love and kindness.

Dinner tonight: John had pork spareribs that were almost cremated on the BBQ but thankfully still edible, paired with tiny potatoes baked in the air fryer; I had lasagna with extra cheese melted on top and a few of the tiny potatoes.

My appetite hasn't been great since my knee started giving me grief but I was surprised when I struggled onto the bathroom scales (as opposed to hopping on them) and I've lost 6kg just since the pain tablets my doctor gave me took away the small bit of appetite I had left. I'll try to force down some salted caramel icecream before I go to bed.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

You lost 12 pounds, that is quite a bit. But you need to eat, protein and carbs, some fruit, to keep your strength up. Cut out the junk food, i know you don't eat junk food.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        You lost 12 pounds, that is quite a bit. But you need to eat, protein and carbs, some fruit, to keep your strength up. Cut out the junk food, i know you don't eat junk food.
        I have plenty more I can lose but it is a lot when I'm not trying. The tablets settle the pain but are horrible on my stomach. We occasionally have a snack from Macca's if we are out and about but not when we are home. I'll be relieved to get some results soon.

As of tomorrow I'll try to eat more protein, carbs and fruit... *LOL*
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I’m home from a weekend trip and tired. I had half of a bagel for my dinner and I am going to head to bed early. My new washing machine can arrive as early as 7:00AM in the morning. I know they won’t show up
          that early but for sure they would be here then if I don’t set my alarm for an early wake up.

Comment

It’s been cloudy and a little bit on the muggy side today. We’ve been busy, got the new patio chairs and propane fire table set up in the patio and did some rearranging to give us more room under the patio cover. Ken did some work on the streetrod and I got a meatloaf all prepped to go in the smoker tomorrow. I’ll post the recipe tomorrow after dinner. Now I just want to sit with my feet up.

We’re having the rest of the chicken piccata pasta toss tonight and we’ll have some fruit with it.

Comment

Working...
            X