Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Rain is moving in this morning along with the high of 73 and the low of 60.

I had just finished mowing the front yard and was leaving it yesterday when I saw a car coming fast at the car in front of it and moved into the side yard, turned and saw the car rear end the car in front. Car parts were flying and I called 911. The front driver got out of his vehicle and just started screaming and swearing at the woman with some the nastiest behavior I have even seen. He never asked her if she was hurt, just screamed about his car. I could see how distraught she was so I asked the man a question about his car and he started screaming at me. I just let him as that had been my intent. When the police arrived I got a bottle of water and took it out and offered her it and then realized just how bad she was. She said she was fine but obviously was not and had refused medical help. The officers thanked me for getting her water and said that she had had back surgery and was terrified that she had undone the repairs made. They said she said my giving her water was so unexpected and kind that she felt she could trust me so took my suggestion that she tell the officers so she told them she was scared and then they knew what needed done for her. I am still in shock over the way that man was such a bully and hateful at the woman. She had passed out driving, did not do it on purpose, and was so distressed and all he cared about what his car. Yes, not a good day for him but it is a car. Period. Her insurance will cover it, or replace it and I never will understand how people can put money and "things" over people. The police told me they see it all the time and it still amazes them how people can be that way. I have had 2 cars totaled in accidents that were not my fault and the thought of having a fit at the driver never crossed my mind. If everyone is alive be grateful for that.

Ok, the dinner for tonight will be pizza with DGS and I combining our talents and watermelon.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Our State is now in further lockdown over COVID cases. The number of people put into isolation is increasing every day. I can't see our borders opening any time soon...

Dinner tonight was pork spareribs, mashed potato/sweet potato and peas... I had the same without the peas. John just handed me a bowl of icecream and banana. He's really trying to care for me which is sweet.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

We are having leftover Italian food from last night. It’s from a restaurant we love. Tortellini with red sauce and vegetables for my husband, fettuccini with mushrooms and artichokes with a cream sauce for me. I have so much that I will probably get at least one or two more meals out of it.

I’m glad you were there LTB. Maybe he had some other problems he was dealing with that day and the accident just pushed him over the edge. Almost everyone today is dealing with some hard stuff. I’ve noticed much more rudeness from people than just a year ago because of the stress everyone is under. That doesn’t excuse his behavior but who knows what else he is dealing with. Or maybe he is just a jerk. Either way it was kind of you to distract him from the other driver.

Comment

Thanks [email protected] You are right, he could have had other issues and I do get that but I have just never seen such over the top behavior in my life. I hope the woman is ok, was really worried about her. Her teeth were chattering and it warm out yesterday so either shock maybe medical from meds or surgery related. Just hope she is ok.

Enjoy those leftovers!!

Comment

At least he didn’t have a gun to make his meltdown deadly. There are so many shootings lately. Keep trying to help people but please be careful. You never know what someone will do anymore.

Comment

I had that thought when he was screaming so loud. The world has really lost the balance it needs. The violence has just escalated so much that feeling safe is a challenge when you are near that kind of behavior and wonder how far it will go.

Comment

It has been very warm today, temps in the low 80’s all over the Puget Sound area. That’s too warm! We were out for awhile, did a quick Walmart run and dropped off the new radiator for the 38 Ford at a specialized welding shop in Mount Vernon for some aluminum welds, went to Smokey Point and picked up my new glasses, and back to pick up the radiator. We’ve kept the blinds closed and the screen doors open and it’s quite pleasant in the house. If it gets too warm the AC will definitely be used. We have excellent cross ventilation and big ceiling fans in all the rooms so it stays quite comfortable.

I’m going to reheat some of the smoked meatloaf and coronary bypass potatoes and have some fruit with it.

Comment

I made chicken tenders breaded in Ritz and air fried them. I had made a brown rice salad this morning and forgot that I bought this stupid rice ball maker I saw on Tik Tok so I made some rice balls and rolled them in Ritz and air fried them as well. I should have added cheese, they would have been great with cheese. I should also not buy everything I see on Tik Tok. French fries and green beans also made it on my plate. Then I had a nectarine with chamoy and Tajin.

Comment

I've been mulling over whether to mention this or not but I feel that I should and I assure you, my intentions are only meant to give advice quoted by medical personnel and not to upset anyone.

If you are faced with a situation that LTB has described, don't offer water or anything else by mouth. This example was of a woman who had suffered a medical incident causing unconsciousness and subsequently causing a collision and showing signs of shock.

This is an answer online given by a doctor to this very question...

"When a person is in shock their body protects their core functions by stopping anything not necessary for life. They need to be covered and kept warm because the blood vessels in their extremities constrict to keep their core warm. Their digestion stops including their ability to swallow. If they were to get any fluid or foreign bodies in their airways while in shock their body may not have the cough reflex.

Shock is really strange to deal with. A person going into shock may be functioning seemingly normally one moment and they can become unresponsive the next. Any time shock is suspected the patient needs to be kept warm and given nothing orally because of the choking hazard. They can choke without showing any signs of choking except by ceasing breathing. They may not struggle in the least and their breathing can just stop. Without the bodies automatic breathing help it's very hard to restart breathing in a patient that is in shock."

Another quote from a medical doctor stated that if fluids are necessary for an accident victim they should only be given by intravenously.
                  I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I’ve read this same thing Chayote, and fluids are almost always given intravenously.

Comment

Chayote, thank you for posting the medical information in regards to accident victims, what to do and what NOT to do. We all need to remember that should we ever come across an accident situation. Let first responders take care of the accident victims, they know what they are doing.

Comment

Sabine - I think Chayote provided us valuable information. I had no idea about people who go into shock and what the consequences could be.

Comment

Working...
                        X