Happy Holiday for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Holiday for me

Oh Geez. I spent last Wednesday though the holiday in the hospital. Wednesday morning around 4 am., I got a horrible pain in my upper stomach. Go to area hospital and they found a perforated ulcer in my duodenum. They take me to a larger hospital in the ambulance. Has anyone ridden in one of those? Bumpy, bumpy, bumpy!! Just the jarring around made me hot and queasy.

So, got to other hospital and they took another CAT scan. I was so lucky that it never leaked into abdomen. Doctor said something walled it off before that happened. Anyway, To keep the acid off of it, they put a tube through my nose into my stomach to pump out the acid before it got to the ulcer. I didn't get to eat or drink "anything" from Wednesday thru Saturday. Let me tell you, hunger pangs are just as bad as ulcer pains.

Putting a tube down the throat is a horrible experience and pulling it out wasn't much better.

I had 3 IV's at one time, and over the course of the stay, 2 of them went bad, so I had to do another one. I still have a large, hard bump where one of them was. My appetite is finally coming back. but I'm on a bland diet. I wanted to lose a few pounds, but not like this!

Oh my gosh, you’ve really been through it! I sure hope you’re on the road to recovery and feel better soon. I know what you mean about ambulance rides, do they even have shock absorbers on those things?

Comment

Wow, you went through the wringer!! At least you sought medical help right away and now you are healing. Hope you have a fast recovery.

Comment

Allie... quite an adventure you've been on and not the kind anyone would want... Hope you fully recover very soon.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I am so sorry to hear that, what an ordeal,
          hope you have a complete recovery

Comment

Allie, I am sorry you went through that, glad they caught it before the acid spread and very happy you are home and recovering.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Hi Allie. What a horrible experience that was for you! Did you even know that you had an ulcer? Glad that you are on the med now, please take care
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Sorry to hear that Allie. It had to be scary. Hope you recover quickly!

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                  Hi Allie. What a horrible experience that was for you! Did you even know that you had an ulcer? Glad that you are on the med now, please take care
                  No I didn't realize. I had one of these in the late 80's/early 90's and this was nothign like that. I never hurt in my back with this one. I lost my gallbladder in 2017, I think. I just figured it was a little indigestion off and on.

Thanks everyone for the comments

Comment

You are welcome.
                    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                    He drew a circle that shut me out.
                    But love and I had the wit to win,
                    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

WOW! I don't think you missed anything.
                      You will be able to celebrate the 4th
                      Now that is great news. Heal well

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post

No I didn't realize. I had one of these in the late 80's/early 90's and this was nothign like that. hubby aI never hurt in my back with this one. I lost my gallbladder in 2017, I think. I just figured it was a little indigestion off and on.

Thanks everyone for the comments
                        Well,,,I wondered....about that...as my hubby all of a sudden had an issue..but.. had NO idea he had an ulcer. Little probs, but not like you went thru....all the best to you AllieK :
                        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                        X