Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a sunny morning with a good chance of heavy rain like we got briefly yesterday that was a downpour with strong wind. The humidity is still so thick and heavy with the high of 84 and the low of 68.

I took items for donation that I had crocheted and some food for the food bank yesterday and just those 2 deliveries were uncomfortable in the heat and humidity.

Hamburgers, potato salad and corn on the cob will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

John had steak, onion and eggs; I had a bread roll with chicken, avocado and peashoots.

No idea what the weather was like because I haven't been outside for over a week. We had the heating on inside so that was nice.

Our lockdown looks like ending on Thursday night. I hope that's the last one we have. I'll be very happy if Home Help starts up again next week. I really missed the girls that help us.

I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I have a meeting to attend this evening and dinner will be lite at my friends home but I'm sure it will be tasty. My only concern is getting my friend out of the car and in the door. She is stubborn as a mule and not stable on her feet. I have a load of laundry going this morning and hope I can get it out of the new washer. Dang thing is deeper than I thought when I bought it. My oldest daughter has a Samsung and I knew I couldn't reach small items on the bottom without hanging over the edge of the washer, so I didn't even look at those when I bought the new washer and dryer.

I am off to buy new shoes this morning, have a good day!

Comment

MommaBear, I have problems reaching things in tall cupboards and in deep washing machine tubs. I keep a pair of long handled kitchen tongs handy for those jobs. Works like a charm!

Comment

There is a " grabber, reacher tool " available at Amazon. Probably also available at other places, but Amazon is where I have seen it. My girlfriend has it and she loves it .

Comment

I have one of those too Sabine, but I’ll be darned if I can remember which “good safe place” I put it in when we moved here. I’m just really glad Ken is 6’2” when I need things in high places.

Comment

It’s a bright and beautiful day today, temperatures are in the mid-60’s, just about perfect, for me anyway. We spent some time outside earlier, just kind of relaxing and watching the birds. I’m going to sit back and watch an episode of Pose while Ken’s working in the garage. I’ll also be working on the second half of the second bear scarf I’m crocheting for Christmas decor.

I’m going to make Cube Steak Casserole for dinner tonight. I haven’t made it in quite some time and it’s an easy no brain dinner. We’ll have some veggie or another with it.

Comment

Working...
              X