AllieK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AllieK

I am hoping that you are feeling better and that you are doing ok. You went through a rough patch that takes a toll on the system.

I know you are taking care of yourself so you will soon be feeling your best.

Have a nice evening and good day tomorrow.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Thanks so much for thinking of me. I'm not getting my strength back. I just feel week. I'm going to go buy a blood pressure monitor tomorrow. I've never had high blood pressure. It usually runs lower than most people. In the hospital, about half way through my stay, my blood pressure started goign up, so they put me on blood pressure meds. I'm thinking I do not need the pills. I've always had higher blood pressure in doctors offices and hospitals. I think they call that white coat high BP.

Comment

You are welcome.

I think a monitor is a good idea but I hope you will check with a doctor before you stop the BP pills. I do know mine goes sky high just walking into the building. They usually have me sit for 15-20 minutes and then retake. If it drops into a normal range they take it. I so do not like going. The dentist is easier on me mind wise but still not my favorite thing.

Take care and wish I was closer and could maybe help you.

Comment

And, add to the trauma of the treatments in the hospital. I never got more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, if I was lucky. Monitors were going off constantly with the various medicines and fluids goign through the IV's, or they were coming to take blood, or I had to call them and ask them to help be go to the toilet. One night, my temperature started goign up a little bit, barely over 100, and they decided to drop the temperature in the room to 65. I was too cold to sleep well.

Comment

I think common sense is lacking in treatment and care at times. I go woke up at 2 in the morning for a blood test and when I asked what is was for I was told a pregnancy test. What!! I was in my mid 50's and been years without a cycle. I told the guy that he could take it himself. At the very least ask me first do not assume!

You are so right. It takes days or weeks recovering from a stay in a facility. I truly hope you feel better and that you BP is down in a normal range for yours. I feel bad that it is taking this long for your recovering. I know that you are taking the best care for yourself so hope you will be on level ground with your health soon.

Comment

LOL, somehow I doubt that any hospital would order a blood test for " pregnancy " in the middle of the night.

Comment

Oops, posted in wrong thread!
              Last edited by CharleneG; 06-09-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X