Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining out and will be off and on today with the high of 83 and the low 70.

I am not feeling the best and as I am solo tonight I will just have something light.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Finally feeling good today. Live I think there is some kind of stomach virus going around because my MIL and DIL are both sick. Hopefully you feel better soon. I am making crockpot chicken stove top casserole. I usually just add sour cream, but I am out and do not feel like leaving today so I will add cream of something and cross my fingers.

Comment

Thank you muz. I am glad you are feeling better. It started yesterday and man, it is nasty. I need food because of my sugar and yet food is not liking me so it is like walking on a tightrope. I have a call in and will see what the Doctor says. I just don't want bottoming out as that is not a good thing.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been a really pretty day today, blue sky and puffy clouds and temperatures in the 60’s. We’ve been doing the usual house and yard stuff this afternoon. I spent some of the morning paying some bills, just the usual ones since today was payday. Not much else happening this afternoon other than feeling like I need a nap.

We’re going to have the rest of the teriyaki beef and brown rice from Miyako’s Teriyaki and a small salad tonight.

Comment

I made breakfast for my dinner as I inhaled a cookie. I needed the cookie because my blood sugar cratered on me. I may have to eat another one as I still feel like I did when I was cooking. Usually I keep something sweet just in case but I was not prepared. It just so happened I was just pulling a tray of cookies from the oven.

Comment

I always keep those little cans of pineapple juice around for when hubs sugar drops. They seem to work the quickest for him.

Comment

orange juice, coke, sprite all works, its all just sugar. Pharmacy also have meds ( pills ) that you can take when you have a sugar drop, I don't know what they are called. but the pharm tech would know. I just keep sprite and coke in the fridge, works every time. Cookies need to be digested in your stomach to effect your blood sugar , takes too long.
              Liquids go faster . But don't listen to me, talk to your doc about it.
              Last edited by Sabine; 06-09-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

As hubs grandma got older and more forgetful she would take her medicine and forget so she would take more. I remember them mixing heaping spoonful's of sugar into soda to give her, of course my MIL is a nurse so there was supervision there. I cant keep soda or sweets in the house because he tends to eat garbage regardless. I keep the juice hidden to make sure he doesn't get into it.

Comment

Working...
                X