Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is still muggy with a chance of rain and the high of 83 and the low of 68.

Not sure about dinner at this point.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We have rain!!!! Finally! We've had a fire ban for some weeks, everything was just so dry. Have some leftovers for dinner, but had considered going out for dinner as patios have just re-opened today. I don't think it would be very pleasant to sit under a rainy umbrella, so guess I will hold that thought for awhile. I'm sure all restaurants will be rammed anyway.
    How are you feeling now livetobake?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Thanks for asking Mudder. I feel better in that I can now hold down liquids. That was a rough 3 days but the doctor pinpointed what the problem was. One med that I take all of a sudden I had a reaction with so she took me off of it, put me on another one and after it started getting out of my system I could feel a difference. I know I took penicillin shots or meds for years when all of a sudden I had a sever reaction from it. I was still at the doctor's off when it happened thank goodness. The body just does what it wants I guess. I am staying with liquids today and tomorrow and then getting brave and trying solids.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

We've had torrential weather recently. It rained for four days and nights and that was enough to flood outer suburbs of Melbourne to the extent that tens of thousands of houses are still without electricity, some houses are beyond repair and two people lost their lives in flood water. Our surrounds are soggy but nothing that we would call a flood. Our water tanks are overflowing and the small tank we installed in our playground has sunk into the ground due to the weight of the water. When I'm able to I will empty the tank down a gutter and put some flat paving stones under the legs of the tank.

Immy and Tiff joined us for dinner tonight. We had BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, chips and onion rings as well as an avocado shared between Immy and Tiff. They were very welcome visitors as we hadn't seen anyone in our two-week lockdown other than the Woolworths delivery man. Immy went back to school today after two weeks of home schooling.

We are still confined to a 25km radius from home so visiting Gordon is out of the question. We talk to him on the phone every second day and will visit as soon as we are permitted. He's keeping well but just so lonely.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s been cool and rainy most of the day, weather is predicting about an inch by Sunday night. We need it and since our lawns are all freshly cut it will save us from having to water them. Not much else happening, I’m getting laundry done and put away and I’ll finish crocheting my second Christmas bear scarf tonight. They’re going to be so cute out there on the porch this year!

I’m making Szekely Gulyas (Hungarian pork goulash) and we’re having potato and cheddar pierogies with it and ice cream for dessert.

Comment

I fixed a mini meatloaf, new potatoes and called it dinner.

Comment

Working...
            X