Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a beautiful morning with a cloudless sky. The high will be a very cool 70 and the low of 50.

As it is such and nice cool day I am making chili, cornbread muffins and cantaloupe.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had a lovely afternoon with Immy and later with Tiff when she finished work. Tiff bought dinner on her way so we had battered flake with chips and dim sims. It was all great. Immy is coming back tomorrow as well so that will be another fun-filled day.

Good news... Gordon's house sold today. I've been talking with him and he's pleased with what was offered. We really should be talking with an agent or two to find out when to list our own home for sale. Feels strange even saying that we are selling our home of 34 years.

My sister and brother in law are visiting us tomorrow... there are a few jobs that need to be done in our house that we are unable to do. My BIL is brilliant at home maintenance. We can't offer them a meal because of COVID, however if I leave some fresh bread, corned meat, tomatoes, cheese and a few other items on the bench, I can't help it if they help themselves...
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Making mushroom swiss burgers that did not get made yesterday along with baked beans and a salad. I got up early and washed the windows and scrubbed down the kitchen cabinets and hand washed the kitchen floor. The grandkids are coming next week to stay for a whole week so I am not sure why I am bothering to clean. I even lugged a dresser outside that I am going to paint today, or tomorrow. The biggest challenge I had today was getting up off the floor after I cleaned it. This getting old stuff is BS!

On a side note I cooked a big batch of whole potatoes in the instant pot. I dont know why I never thought of cooking them that way, but 7 min and they are about 90% cooked. I plan to make kabobs tomorrow so I like to undercook the potatoes slightly before I grill them.

Comment

I've changed my mind three times already about dinner. I just pulled a mini meatloaf out of the freezer and out it in the oven. I should have done this earlier but better late than never. I have salad to go with the meatloaf.

Comment

Muzette, I’m a true believer that housework done properly can kill you!

It’s been a beautiful day today, bright and sunny in the high 60’s and low 70’s. Ken’s been out working on the Ford, I’ve been doing some cleaning in the master bedroom, both bathrooms and the kitchen. After I got done with that I watched the series finale of Pose. There were definitely some tissue moments in it, it was an excellent series.

We’re having the rest of the shrimp and pasta along with some fruit for dinner.

Comment

Working...
          X