Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia breeds Vegemite kids and this little lady is no exception...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia breeds Vegemite kids and this little lady is no exception...

Hannah is almost 7 months now and has great fun eating now that she has a couple of teeth.

At first she wasn't so sure about the vegemite bread but then she went on to eat a full slice of toast with vegemite.

https://i.imgur.com/AZphA4w.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

What a cut photo. My friends husband is from Australia. I can't say I have ever tried Vegemite but have tried something similar.

Comment

I think Vegemite is an acquired taste. Have not tasted it, but have heard a lot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Momma Bear View Post
        What a cut photo. My friends husband is from Australia. I can't say I have ever tried Vegemite but have tried something similar.
        I'd bet that he was raised on Vegemite, Momma Bear... You should ask him...

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          I think Vegemite is an acquired taste. Have not tasted it, but have heard a lot about it.
          I could send you some, Sabine.... unless you're not brave enough to taste it... *LOL*

Comment

I tried it. I found it to be one of the worst things I have ever eaten. I guess you have to be raised on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

I could send you some, Sabine.... unless you're not brave enough to taste it... *LOL*
              Thanks for the offer Chayote, But I think I take a pass on it. If I should ever feel the need to taste it , I will just go to my local world market store, they carry it.

Comment

How cute little Hannah is! But, the the look on her face, I can't tell if she liked her vegemite toast or not. I've heard of vegemite but have no idea what it is or tastes like.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                  How cute little Hannah is! But, the the look on her face, I can't tell if she liked her vegemite toast or not. I've heard of vegemite but have no idea what it is or tastes like.
                  Vera, I think she is debating if she should swallow it or not. Just kidding Chayote.

Comment

It tastes like straight brewers yeast x 1000. I am sure I used way to much on toast but I think once you do it wrong you never want to try again. It might be good in a marinade or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                      She's very cute... she has three nicknames: the first is FOMO-baby because she doesn't sleep during the day for fear of missing out on something; second is Velcro-baby because she likes being stuck on whichever person is willing to sit and hold her all day, thereby keeping her from having to lay down in her cot; the third is Thumper because when she is put in the cot or down on her floor mat for a play, she slams her feet down on the floor in protest... She knows what she wants and when she wants it.

I think the look on her face says, "what the h**l are you putting in my mouth??" but she did eat it all and then had another full slice of toast with Vegemite.

Vegemite tastes very salty, although the baby one has much less salt than regular Vegemite. People make the mistake of spreading it as you would peanut butter and then wonder why it burns your taste buds off. The amount that is on Hannah's piece of bread is average for anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
                        It tastes like straight brewers yeast x 1000. I am sure I used way to much on toast but I think once you do it wrong you never want to try again. It might be good in a marinade or something.
                        It tastes like brewer's yeast because that's what it is... The waste yeast goes from the Carlton United brewery to the Kraft factory. In the early days it used to run down an open gutter inside the factory but I'm sure it's collected more hygienically these days. If you think you used too much on your toast, you most likely used too much... you're not on your own there. With just a light spreading, it's amazing. Some people use it sparingly to make a broth to include in cooking. I remember a mother that used to put a little bit in her baby's milk bottle too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Vera, I think she is debating if she should swallow it or not. Just kidding Chayote.
                          I know you're kidding, however you won't even try it! Her look is one of bewilderment. Until the vegemite bread she had only eaten sweet foods like pumpkin and apple.

Comment

Working...
                          X