Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Wow, last evening it started raining and we had a good old fashioned thunder storm with thunder and lightening that was still going strong at 3 this morning. It has left behind a very hot and humid day of a high of 87 and the low of 70 with a chance of more rain. I was thinking how the west could sure this kind of rain but as hard as the ground is it would probably cause some flooding.

I will be solo today so will just have the last of the macaroni salad and make egg salad from the deviled eggs for a sandwich.

What will be your Father's Day dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am off to church and will try to pick something up on my way home.

Comment

Does anyone here watch the American version of Ninja Warrior? The Australian version a show that I always look forward to watching every year and it started tonight. I wish I was ever as fit as these contestants... even 50 years ago I wasn't as fit as any of them.

For dinner we had small pieces of steak with salad. It was ok but I would have preferred to have coleslaw.

I've spent the entire day sitting down working on Immy's cardi. Discovered quite by accident that my knee doesn't hurt quite as much if I put a rolled up towel underneath the joint. Fingers crossed that my appointment letter will be in the mail tomorrow.
      I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

We dined outdoors for brunch, had some street tacos. It sure is warm outside, it kind of made us feel like we were on vacation and was a super awesome way to spend the morning. Planning on instant pot spaghetti for dinner.

Comment

Happy Sunday and Happy Father’s Day!

It’s been a beautiful and sunny day today, our temperature right now is 77. We’ve been outside a good part of the day doing yard stuff. We dragged our old pressure washer out of the shed to test it out, we were surprised to see it still works. I know it’s been at least 15 years since we used it. We tested it out on our back porch and landing area and it works great. Anything concrete like driveways and patio slabs get a black crud on them with all the wet weather. We’re going to work on the driveway next week, it looks terrible. Just about everyone up here has one and they all use them.

We’re doing an easy, snacky dinner...shrimp cocktail ring, chips and dips and pumpkin pie for dessert, all Ken’s favorites!

Comment

Charlene we pressure wash the siding on our house yearly. Actually we do it on all the homes we sell if they are not being painted. We also use the pressure washer to get moss off roofs.

Comment

Muzette, thanks, that’s good to know. We’re not too worried about the roof, it hasn’t been a year yet that it’s been on. Our old roof had a lot of moss. Today was the first time I’ve ever used a pressure washer but it sure won’t be the last.

Comment

We have a high psi pressure washer but this will be the first year we are hiring a company to do our brick sidewalks this Wednesday. We get moss on them and it is about 200 feet long and some parts are 10 feet wide. It is a BIG job and takes two days. The next day you can hardly move your arms. I think we will sell the washer as I don't see us doing it anymore.

Charlene - I am really surprised your pressure washer started up after so many years. If it is gasoline, you must let it run out of gas before storing it. If it is electric, then you shouldn't have a problem. Since you like using it, want to do our sidewalks?? - lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                  Charlene - I am really surprised your pressure washer started up after so many years. If it is gasoline, you must let it run out of gas before storing it. If it is electric, then you shouldn't have a problem. Since you like using it, want to do our sidewalks?? - lol.
                  LOL! Noooo, don’t think I’m going to like it that much! I was kind of surprised it started up so easily too. It is a gas powered model, 1650 or so psi, and it was empty, so that probably helped. I can’t even remember how long we’ve had it for sure. We were prepared to get a new one if it didn’t work but we’re happy we didn’t need to do that. The driveway will be a big job, it’s a 3 car garage driveway.

Comment

Oh Charlene, I was counting on you to help - lol. We also have a three car garage but our driveway is huge but blacktop so no need to power wash it. When we have it sealed every two years, it is about 7000 square feet and we hire for that too. Glad to hear your power washer started right up.

Comment

Working...
                    X