No announcement yet.

Remember when Tiff had horses? (photo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when Tiff had horses? (photo)

She raised and/or rescued over 50 horses during that part of her life but there was one pony who touched our hearts more than any of the others because he was so mischievous and the majority of the time, a pain in the rear. If there was trouble in the paddock you could guarantee that in the middle was that pony. He is a shetland pony named Elliot and Tiff still sees him from time to time.

Elliot's new owners trained him for harness racing and Tiff heard recently that he had won big race and was sent photos. I edited the child driver's face but Elliot loved any attention he could get... when he wasn't up to no good! He's 21 years old this year so he's doing really well.

https://i.imgur.com/kduDUQA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/pUNFeAZ.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

That is awesome! I remember when Tiff was helping all those horses. She should be really proud of herself.

Comment

Talk about a time capsule. Thanks for reminding us of that part of Tiff's life. Hope Elliot wins more races.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        That is awesome! I remember when Tiff was helping all those horses. She should be really proud of herself.
        g'day, Bean... Nice to see you. Tiff loved working with the horses but once Immy was born she could no longer afford to keep rehabilitating horses. She did save many horses that would have been put down otherwise.

Elliot wasn't a rescued pony... he was just a lovable ratbag that was a lot of fun. He went to a good family and it's great to see that he's thriving.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
          Talk about a time capsule. Thanks for reminding us of that part of Tiff's life. Hope Elliot wins more races.
          g'day, Vera... Tiff was very committed to all her horses and ponies but it was Elliot who was #1 in the paddock. It made me smile when I saw that his racing number was No. 1. He was my favourite, too and it was my idea to buy him in the first place. Tiff was only about 12 at the time.

Comment

That just gave me a big smile!

Comment

Working...
            X