Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is like a blast furnace when you open the door and step outside. Watering my all my plants in the late evening is something I am not dallying over. The day will be another HHH one, and I do mean hot and humid, with a high of 90 and the low of 73. The heat index will be 98.

I have decided that yogurt with blueberries, pineapple, strawberries and bananas on top along with some granola will be dinner.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Immy's actual birthday today. She was very disappointed when she woke up this morning but she wasn't bigger... *LOL* She got over it. They had dinner with us tonight: roast pork, mashed potatoes, corn, peas and gravy. Immy didn't eat much dinner but she did have a donut, popcorn and chips. She explained to me that she has three tummies... one for dinners, one for snacks and one for desserts. She made it all sound perfectly legitimate. Her mother gave her a "yes day" where everything she asked for, the answer was "yes". She didn't abuse it. They went to a movie and ate popcorn.

Dear Andrew had his tonsils and adenoids removed today. Of course it wasn't pleasant but he got through the day without fuss. He will be in hospital for a few days but hopefully it will be the end of his fever illness, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

Just remembered. It's called PFAPA
    Last edited by Chayote; 06-29-2021, 10:14 AM.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Spent the morning washing floors and washing all the bedding, I live the life of excitement!!! I smoked some chicken breast this morning for lunches this week. I am not impressed by the pellet smoker at all, it really does not get the food smoky like wood chips, but it is easy to use. I will keep practicing with it and see what happens. Hubs is bringing home pizza for dinner.

Comment

The only pellet smoker I am aware of is Traeger. It uses a disc like pellet so maybe it isn't the same thing. Good luck with that. I have the largest Weber on the market when I bought it (Summit) and I have to tell you I don't know how Weber has made a name for itself. Must be good advertising. If I don't use marinated meat, the meat has no flavor at all. It has a sear station, smoke box which is useless with its own burner - 10 burners in all with a rotisserie. Yes, it is 'seasoned" and is about 10 years old now. Still works and I'm not going to replace it as it was very expensive so I just complain.

Comment

I have a Primo where everything is cooked over lump wood charcoal so I am used to having a ton of flavor which the pellet grill does not give.

Comment

Oh happy day! The heat finally broke! It’s been in the high 70’s to low 80’s today, much better than yesterday. We broke every heat record in the state over the weekend and hope it never does that again. I had a podiatry appointment this afternoon and I stopped at the vet’s office to pick up Abby’s insulin and a sedative for the upcoming fireworks. Poor baby just shakes herself sick when they go off.

We’re going to have more of the chicken thigh osso buco and garlic mashed potatoes for dinner.

Comment

I skipped dinner this evening because I had my lunch at 4:PM.

Comment

Working...
              X