Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 30th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

After a strong thunder storm hit yesterday afternoon with heavy rain it got even muggier and still is today with the high of 86 and the low of 70 with more rain this afternoon.

I am making tuna melts along with a salad and fruit.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I haven’t eaten a great deal today… just feeling a bit flat rather than ill. I didn’t have breakfast or lunch but for dinner I had three slices of sour dough bread, each with a thin slice of pork. John just arrived home and brought an iced chocolate for me and it’s very nice.

Andrew came home from hospital after having his tonsils and adenoids removed. He’s not well but at least he’s drinking water. The surgeon said his tonsils where absolutely HUGE and his adenoids were disgusting. It was surgery that had to happen sooner rather than later. He will be home from school for the next two weeks.

He met a little friend at the hospital... coincidentally her name is Immy. Good sharing, Andrew! She didn't have toys with her so Andrew fixed that problem without any prompting to share. He's a sweet boy.

https://i.imgur.com/T1vUhbA.jpg

Podiatry tomorrow… I must be getting old because I’m looking forward to that appointment.
    Last edited by Chayote; 06-30-2021, 08:33 AM. Reason: played with fonts and colours but decided "no"
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

What a coincidence that Andrew's new friend is Immy also. That isn't the most common name. I know Andrew is enjoying having someone to share his toys with. When does Andrew come home from the hospital? So happy this is behind him now and hopefully won't cause him any more problems. From the picture, it even looks like your granddaughter Immy - dark hair and about the same size.

Hope you feel better each passing day.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
        What a coincidence that Andrew's new friend is Immy also. That isn't the most common name. I know Andrew is enjoying having someone to share his toys with. When does Andrew come home from the hospital? So happy this is behind him now and hopefully won't cause him any more problems. From the picture, it even looks like your granddaughter Immy - dark hair and about the same size.
        g'day, Vera... new friend Immy is younger than Andrew and much smaller and he did his best to look after her. She was missing her Daddy because he was stuck in quarantine. I hope it's the end of his fevers. The surgeon allowed him to go home because he was stressing so much. New friend Immy went home too. If he doesn't start eating by tomorrow he may have to go back. I haven't heard any more news this afternoon.

I just noticed that there is a plate of Vegemite toast in front of Andrew in the photo but I already know he didn't eat it...
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Made birria tacos from left over prime rib. They are tasty but a mess to make.

Comment

It has been a delightfully cool and pleasant day today, such a relief. The heat really did a number on all the lawns in the area, they are scorched and brown. The only thing thriving is the dandelions that have grown at least a foot taller. They're getting mowed down right now. I did a Grocery Outlet run this morning and scored on Nathan’s hotdogs to load the freezer and a bunch of other stuff. When I got home I packed up all the kid’s pictures and baby shoes etc to ship tomorrow. Now I need to tackle the vacuuming I didn’t do in the heat.

I’m trying out a Cook’s Country recipe for One Pan Orzo with Shrimp and Zucchini and we’ll have watermelon with it.

Comment

Working...
            X