Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Another thunder storm with lots of rain in late afternoon yesterday with some rain lingering this morning has dropped the humidity somewhat. Rain is predicted for today with the high of 77 and the low of 58 that is a relief from the toasty temperatures we have been having.

I am making meatball sandwiches, salad and mixed fruit.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We started our day by visiting our Podiatrist and allowing him to torture us as usual. My feet are extremely sensitive so I’m very tense whenever he trims my toenails. It’s over now for another three months.

My sister, brother-in-law and their granddaughter, Mackenzie came to visit us this afternoon. I haven’t seen Mackenzie for a long time due to COVID19 and she’s grown up so much.

For dinner tonight we had whatever we could find in the fridge. John had the last of a slow cooker hot pot with mashed potato. I had some sour dough bread with ham, tomato, onion and cheese toasted under the griller.

Andrew still isn’t eating… hopefully tomorrow will be better for him. Y’know decades ago they consider a tonsillectomy to be minor surgery but it really isn’t.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Grilling some steaks today weather permitting, I should probably have a back up plan.

Comment

Happy July!

It’s July 1st already...how the heck did that happen so fast? It’s been a pleasant day today but a bit on the humid side. I got 2 of the packages of kid pictures etc shipped today, I’ll have to hold on to the third one for awhile. They’re excited to get them and I’m happy to let them enjoy them now rather than later. I did a quickie grocery run, I mostly needed potatoes to make potato salad before the 4th and a few other small items. I shouldn’t need anything else until after the holiday.

I’m going to heat up more of the Two Can Cola pork roast and gravy and have egg noodles and green salad with it.

Comment

Working...
        X