Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 4th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a hazy morning with the temperatures rising with a high 86 and the low of 69 with high humidity.

I am making hamburgers and already have macaroni salad and deviled eggs made. Watermelon will finish the meal.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another ordinary day except that John cooked an amazing dinner. Sadly I could only eat about a quarter of it but he doesn't know that. I also waited until he went to the bathroom so I could grab some salad dressing from the fridge.

Didn't get to visit Gordon today. I need to make sure that I'm not getting sick that I could pass on to him. We'll try for Tuesday.

This is the dinner that John did all by himself. I'm proud of him

https://i.imgur.com/2lWe00Z.jpg
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Chayote - That plate looks pretty appetizing. What is the protein? Does John not like you to put dressing on the salad? John could cook dinner for me anytime! My husband doesn't cook at all. The only thing he does is put his cereal bowl together in the morning with a cut banana. He wouldn't even know how to perk coffee (yes, I use a percolator). I have drip makers too but this one is preferred with coffee I order from Louisiana.

Comment

I had every intention of cooking robs today, but we were out doing errands and stopped at Olive Garden for lunch. We will have leftovers for dinner, maybe hot dogs.

Comment

Happy 4th of July!

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood today. Our wonderful next door neighbor came up with a great idea a few weeks ago to have American flags in front of every house in our tract. We all contributed to pay for it and he and his family bought and made the flag sets and put them all on the street this morning and he’ll take them down later tonight. He’s going to store them and they will be put out for every flag appropriate holiday in the future. It looks so cool all over our neighborhood. As I understand it there are 103 homes with flags. Today has been a lazy day, did some dusting and damp mopping and that’s about it. I’m going to have to sedate Abby in a bit, she’s terrified of the firecrackers going off already.

I’ve got bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, Shallot, garlic and pepper marinated chicken leg quarters in the smoker and we’ll have potato salad and watermelon with it.

Comment

I went to my daughters home today to celebrate the holiday. We barbequed on the grill and had a great visit, The grandkids and adults enjoyed the pool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Chayote - That plate looks pretty appetizing. What is the protein? Does John not like you to put dressing on the salad? John could cook dinner for me anytime! My husband doesn't cook at all. The only thing he does is put his cereal bowl together in the morning with a cut banana. He wouldn't even know how to perk coffee (yes, I use a percolator). I have drip makers too but this one is preferred with coffee I order from Louisiana.
              G'day, Vera... it was a small piece of beef steak and he even cooked it rare, just the way I like it. He doesn't know that I didn't eat much of it. As for the salad, he doesn't use any sauces or dressings on his own meals so he didn't think of it. I wanted him to believe he had thought of everything. Before my accident he only knew how to cook bacon, eggs and toast. He's come a long way since then. He can now cook roast pork, mashed potato, peas in the microwave and steak. Best of all, he can pack the dishwasher! *cheering*
              I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Working...
              X