Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 5th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will a HHH day with the high of 92 and the low of 74. It will feel like a 100 by early afternoon.

DGS has decided that strawberry shortcake is the perfect dinner for tonight with ice cream on the side. Works for me.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Our Home Help came today so we have clean bed linen and washed floors again. I just wish I had her energy.

John went to poker tonight with his friend. It's almost midnight and they are not back yet so hopefully they had a win. He'll have his dinner when he gets home. I cooked a batch of spaghetti sauce... very difficult recipe: 500 grams lean beef mince, two jars of Dolmio pasta sauce with "hidden vegetables". My dinner was a very small bowl of fettuccini with the sauce and topped with grated cheese. John cooked a boned leg of pork on the BBQ but it wasn't ready when he needed to leave. I know when he gets home that he'll ask if I remembered the pork on the BBQ (from 5 hours ago) to which I will reply, "oh S**T! The pork!!!" (which I brought inside 4 hours ago).
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I started up the grill pretty early this morning. I put on 2 racks of ribs and a small pork loin that was in the freezer. I really am not a fan of pork loin, but I am smoking it for Cubans later this week. I will probably roast some sweet potatoes to go with the ribs.

Comment

It’s been a very nice day today, breezy and bright. The fireworks around here last night we’re just nuts, poor Abby was terrified and had to be sedated and it was pretty nerve wracking for us too. We didn’t participate because we think fireworks are a total waste of money and Abby needed us in the house. Not much happening today, about the only thing I accomplished was taking our four piece LOVE sign off the wall and brushing some rose gold paint on the letters so we could actually read them. I kind of feathered the paint on and it really looks good.

Our bleu cheese burgers were so good the other night that we decided to have them again tonight with some potato salad and watermelon.

Comment

Charlene - I have seen advertised on TV something called a Thunder Jacket for dogs. It is to make them feel secure when they are scared. Just an FYI. Maybe next time you are at the vet, ask the vet if he has heard of them and if they are a total waste of money or effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            Charlene - I have seen advertised on TV something called a Thunder Jacket for dogs. It is to make them feel secure when they are scared. Just an FYI. Maybe next time you are at the vet, ask the vet if he has heard of them and if they are a total waste of money or effective.
            I can advise that the Thunder Jacket worked for Lucy. It puts light pressure on the upper organs and gave her a similar feeling to being held. We got her through many nights of fireworks using that jacket.
            I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

We tried the Thunder Shirt when Abby was younger and it really didn’t work for her at all. She still shivered and shook during fireworks and car rides. She’s gotten much better about being in the car but loud noises like fireworks terrify her. I know many others that say the Thunder Shirt is great. We make sure she has a tranquilizer prescription before there are any fireworks events.

Comment

Charlene, we tried the Thunder shirt back in FL on our old GSD. Didn’t work at all.

Comment

Working...
                X