Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A storm passed through yesterday afternoon that was a real thunder and lightening storm with the wind blowing so hard the rain was coming down sideways. I was hoping the humidity was gone as I did not think it was possible it could get any higher and it did. Just really bad.

It will be cooler today with the high of 80 and the low of 65 with high winds and another thunder storm.

Pot stickers, jasmine rice, sliced tomatoes, radishes and brownie cheesecake bars that I baked last night will be dinner.

What will you be having this Thursday night for your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We are going to Mongolian bbq tonight. I am rendering about 30 lbs of suet today, ugh it stinks. I want some tallow for cooking and I am going to make some tallow soap later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
      I am rendering about 30 lbs of suet today, ugh it stinks. I want some tallow for cooking and I am going to make some tallow soap later this week.
      I didn't know that people still render animal fat for cooking. What type of dishes do you use it in, muzette? My mother told me that during WWII, her mother used to get fat from the butcher to render down. She added salt and they used it instead of butter. They used to say that they were having bread and dripping. Well done for making soap. I've been tempted to try making it with my Thermomix... there are numerous recipes for making bars of soap as well has liquid hand soap.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I'm up very late tonight because we didn't have dinner until midnight. John and I were cleaning out the fridge because it's garbage collection night. That lead to washing all the shelves and then loading the dishwasher. Before we realised, it was 10.30pm and we hadn't yet eaten. John wanted a sausage sandwich so I cooked some sausages in the airfryer for him. That lead to cooking the rest of the sausages and preparing a batch of curried sausages with carrots, cauliflower and shredded cabbage. By the time I cooked my dinner it was midnight. I had an oven-toasted ham, tomato, onion and cheese open sandwich.

I'll go to bed very soon after I do some knitting on Immy's second cardi.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

No dinner plan yet

Comment

It’s been a nice day today, and I’ve been doing laundry and some other minor jobs around the house. Ken’s been working on the 38 Ford, he’s getting the power window switches installed and getting all the fan belts on. That’s been a PITA, since everything has been modified it’s all guesswork on the lengths. It’s getting closer though!

I’m making Florentine Beef and Rice for dinner. It’s an old Minute Rice recipe that I’ve modified over the years. We’ll have the rest of the watermelon with it.

Comment

I have to ask you Charlene, with all do respect, Is your husband ever going to drive this car that he has been working on for such a long time ? Seems that he is replacing every part of this car and it must cost a ton of money. Just asking, just wondering, in a good way.

Comment

It’s a valid question Sabine. It’s getting very close now. He really couldn’t work on it during the winter because our garage was so cold. There have been wait times for parts, a lot of modifications and upgrading everything in it. It will probably be done by the end of the year at the latest and the value of it with all the modifications will be about $80K. Yes, it’s expensive building it but a lot cheaper than having it built for us.

Comment

Chay, I normally would not render my own fat. When I ordered a half a cow last yet the suet came with it. I will use it to deep fry and roast veggies, but I am also making soap with most of it.

Comment

Working...
                  X