fresh off the needles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh off the needles...

Because I'm sitting down a lot due to injury I've tried to put the time into something constructive. The first is Immy's cardigan... she chose the yarn, I just toned it down a little by using plain white for the bands. It's a little bit too big but it's what she wanted: baggy, long and cuddly warm. She will get at least two years out of it.

The second is Hannah's first jumper. I made it very plain and will put more effort in once I know that this pattern suits her. I haven't seen her since mid-May so I wasn't sure about her size.

Also working on what is probably the last full sized crocheted blanket that I will make. It's for my sister. I alternate between knitting and crochet so that I don't get RSI. I wish one of my children was willing to learn knitting or crochet but they didn't. Maybe Andrew will be the one. Oh wait... he's profoundly lefthanded and I'm the opposite... could take a long time or a large mirror to teach him.

https://i.imgur.com/cVtq4zj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lSsgBs4.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Chayote - What you do is really stunning. It also seems like it takes a lot of patience but as you said, you are already sitting down for long periods. The grandkids are really lucky to have a grandma like you. Great job!!

Comment

Thanks, Vera... knitting and crochet have been passions for me for most of my life. During that time also, sewing and embroidery have been fun as well. After our move I will have a dedicated sewing room so I'll get back into making clothes for our grandchildren... especially for Andrew as he's rough on his clothes. I'll be repairing the knees of his trousers for a few years to come... *LOL*

When we move I'll join a local knitting group that I found online. They meet once a week for as long as the person wants to stay up to three hours. They pool their yarns for making clothes for charities or, if you prefer, you could just take whatever you're working on at the time. The ad says you don't have to knit or crochet... you can just go for a cup of coffee. The ad also said that if people want to learn these crafts, there will probably we members who are willing to teach. It just sounds like a place I would like to go and meet new people.

Immy's cardi made my eyes water at times... It's so bright in real life but it's what she wanted. I knew it was time for bed when the stripes started jumping around on their own!

Comment

That is a colorful cardigan you are making for Immy.
        I think joining a knitting group is a great idea, a good way to make new friends.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful work! You have some talent Chay!

Comment

They are absolutely stunning! I’m in awe of your talent.

Comment

Thank you... literally, you are all too kind. These items are very basic knitting. When I was knitting clothes for my children 30+ years ago I was knitting using all kinds of lacy patterns for the girls and fair isle (pictures) for my son. I'm not sure my brain would allow me to follow those patterns these days.

I have patterns for baby clothes that belonged to my grandmother and even layettes knitted by my Grandma. I used them for my girls but they preferred one-piece suits for their babies. I eventually put the layettes on a couple of dolls.

Comment

I love the sweaters. I am sure they will be treasured.

Comment

Working...
                X