Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark out at the moment with the high of 80 and the low of 70 and a good chance of rain. Here we go again with HHH weather for the coming week.

I making grilled cheese and meatloaf sandwiches, sliced tomato, cucumber, and oven baked sweet potato fries.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Same old same old today. We live a boring life these days. The dishwasher has been on twice so far and then I noticed that the airfryer needed a clean. After dinner we will put another load on so we can have a clean kitchen.

I’ve been knitting most of the day and have almost finished the body (knitted in one piece) of another cardigan for Immy… just have the sleeves and bands to do.

Dinner tonight: I had chicken and corn soup with warm bread rolls; John had the same bread rolls with pumpkin soup. I also baked a loaf of bread.

I’m watching Naked & Afraid Alone… American TV show that I like watching the struggles they have to survive. Anyone never seeing this show, although contestants are literally naked, any ‘bits’ are frosted over… *LOL* It’s something to have on TV while I’m knitting.

Home Help tomorrow and if she’s early enough we might get to visit Gordon in the afternoon.
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I watched that show when it first came on TV. I couldn't believe that people would do a show totally naked.... but they do. I lost interest in that show a long time ago, surprised it is still on.

Comment

I watched it when we moved back to Co. I was here alone while Scott went back to FL to pack up the house. It passed the time. LOL

I didn’t realize it was still on until i saw my Mom’s husband watching it a month ago. My SIL freaked out. I was laughing.

Comment

That brings back a memory for me. I was meeting friends in a restaurant, buffet style serving, not good at all. I noticed that all the bus boys were hovering around a big screen TV set , when they finally were told to go back to work I could see what they had been watching, yep, naked and afraid alone. I could not believe that the restaurant had that show on. When I was getting ready to leave I noticed that one of the managers came over and turned it off. Must have had a number of complains But I am sure the bus boys loved it. LOL

Comment

That is too funny Sabine!

Comment

It’s a nice day today, clear and sunny and comfortable. We both slept in this morning and we’ve been doing a few things around the house. I made a quickie Haggen run to pick up Ken’s prescription and bought a couple grocery items we needed.

I’m making my favorite turkey burger for dinner tonight. We’ll finish up the potato salad and have some watermelon with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                That brings back a memory for me. I was meeting friends in a restaurant, buffet style serving, not good at all. I noticed that all the bus boys were hovering around a big screen TV set , when they finally were told to go back to work I could see what they had been watching, yep, naked and afraid alone. I could not believe that the restaurant had that show on. When I was getting ready to leave I noticed that one of the managers came over and turned it off. Must have had a number of complains But I am sure the bus boys loved it. LOL
                They should have been disappointed because the show is heavily censored so that nothing from the personal spaces are visible. I know it sounds like a lame excuse but I watch it because it's interesting how there is a lot of food in the jungle even without killing animals. I've learned about "heart of palm" which they say tastes like water chestnut and that it's possible to catch fish by weaving a cone-shaped basket because the fish swim in but can't escape. Even to me this sounds like I buy Playboy magazine to read the articles... *LOL* I'd still watch Naked and Afraid if it was called Dressed in Pyjamas and Afraid. My favourite participant is a sweet man named Clarence.
                I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Working...
                X