Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a HHH day with heavy rain predicted and the high of 86 and the low of 72.

This kind of weather is great for staying indoors and crocheting, reading and cleaning out a few dresser drawers. Notice the high priority of crocheting and reading versus the cleaning aspect!

I am making sheet pan meal in the toaster oven consisting of chicken, potatoes, green beans from the garden and onions. I also made a cabbage and carrot jello salad last night for tonight. It has been many years since I made that salad but ate it a lot growing up.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another day almost gone… another day closer to moving but that’s not happening until next year thanks to the building supply shortages that came with COVID. We would also have two brand new vehicles but as they are coming from a virus-ridden country, the factories aren’t working so we can’t import them. Our scooters are available but with no vehicle to transport them when we go out, there’s no point buying them. Enough griping.

For dinner we had roast pork cooked by John on the BBQ… he had it sliced on toast; I had mine with a green salad. We followed it with icecream and sliced banana with some Ice Magic on top. I must make some Ice Magic in my Thermomix. I bought the ingredients weeks ago but haven’t made it yet. It literally takes 3 minutes to make.

Going to see Gordon tomorrow and we will be home in time for our grocery delivery. Tim Tams were on half price special this week so I ordered four packets of different flavours. They won’t last long… *LOL*
    I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Nothing fancy today, making taco salad to use up all the odd and end veggies. Cleaning the laundry room today, I noticed some cob web on the celling in there so its time for a good scrub. Its small so it wont take long, but I am also feeling lazy today, like I can to it in a hour so I might as well put it off until just before hubs comes home.

Comment

"Another day almost gone… another day closer to moving but that’s not happening until next year thanks to the building supply shortages that came with COVID. We would also have two brand new vehicles but as they are coming from a virus-ridden country, the factories aren’t working so we can’t import them. Our scooters are available but with no vehicle to transport them when we go out, there’s no point buying them. Enough griping."

So from what virus -ridden country are the cars coming from that you want ? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          So from what virus -ridden country are the cars coming from that you want ? Just wondering.
          Both vehicles are manufactured in Japan. I can't believe that I referred to Japan as "virus-ridden"... my only excuse is that I am frustrated at not being able to buy the car and van. Having said that, Japan is in a terrible position with COVID and in my opinion the Olympic Games should not be going ahead. Their country has seen 966 deaths in the past month from 48,790 new positive cases and only 18% of the population is vaccinated. Bringing athletes from however many countries are involved in the Games seems to be a recipe for disaster...

The vehicles we want are the Mitsubishi Outlander and a Toyota HiAce but one is not available at all and the other isn't available with the upgrades that we want.
          I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

I have enough to make a nice salad and I am considering just making a small amount of macaroni and tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Both vehicles are manufactured in Japan. I can't believe that I referred to Japan as "virus-ridden"... my only excuse is that I am frustrated at not being able to buy the car and van. Having said that, Japan is in a terrible position with COVID and in my opinion the Olympic Games should not be going ahead. Their country has seen 966 deaths in the past month from 48,790 new positive cases and only 18% of the population is vaccinated. Bringing athletes from however many countries are involved in the Games seems to be a recipe for disaster...

The vehicles we want are the Mitsubishi Outlander and a Toyota HiAce but one is not available at all and the other isn't available with the upgrades that we want.
              I was wondering which country was virus ridden and not producing cars. I had a feeling that it was Japan, but wasn't sure.

Comment

Super pretty day today, a little warm but otherwise very nice. We did a few things around the house, a little laundry, other than that a lazy day. I’m waiting for the ambition bug to bite me but I’m pretty sure I stomped on that sucker.

We’re having the rest of the Florentine beef and rice and a bag of Pear Gorgonzola salad.

Comment

Working...
                X