Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 14th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I am on a repeat like a broken record with the weather today. It is dark, rain is predicted with the high of 84 and the low of 70. The humidity continues.

I am solo again tonight and think the cabbage, carrot salad and a fruit salad sounds like would make a refreshing meal with hardly any prep. Works for me!

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I had a bunch of stuff to use up so veg soup is in the crock pot. I will make grilled ham and cheese to go with. I id manage to clean out my closet and dresser this morning, now I have to drop stuff off at the Goodwilly.

Comment

I just finished watching a movie that I downloaded... Abducted: The Carlina White Story. That led me to researching where they are now. The movie gave me the beginning and middle of the story and the internet gave me the rest up until the present time. What sad time this family went through. I think I can fit in one more movie tonight before bed.

Since I've been off my feet resting, I've discovered a few websites that are very interesting and the one I've been watching during the day is:

https://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/ESRS/HDEV/

which is a NASA live feed from a camera attached to the International Space Station. When the ISS crosses the USA at night you can see where the cities are by the lights on the ground. Makes me appreciate just how big our world is. Of course if there are clouds between the ISS and the ground you will only see clouds. I found it cathartic... almost spiritual watching it today.

Our dinner was the last night of finishing the food we had in the fridge. John had pork (doesn't he always?) with mashed potato and peas. I had spaghetti bolognaise. We both had icecream for dessert.

We will probably be in another shutdown from tonight due to another COVID outbreak thanks to three removalists who brought two trucks from Sydney through Victoria and into South Australia and they didn't follow the rules that were required. Our own Prime Minister called them "scumbags" today.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I think I may fix Swiss steak if my meat is thawed. If not I will fix it tomorrow and make a small amount of shrimp and grits. I have ingredients for both and can make a small salad as well.

Comment

It’s a beautiful day today, clear skies and a bit cooler than it has been. It’s been kind of a lazy day, I still have one of those headaches that’s mostly annoying because it’s just there bugging me. I paid some bills online and went out to the garage to help Ken find one of his car parts that he could’t find anywhere. It took me about 4 minutes to find it. I swear, sometimes men wouldn’t be able to find their butts with two hands, a roadmap and a GPS!

I took a package of Costco smoked pulled pork out of the freezer and I’m going to put our favorite BBQ sauce on it and we’ll have some cheesy scalloped potatoes and watermelon with it.

Comment

Working...
          X