Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 15th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Another HHH day with the high of 90 and the low of 69 with rain possible late afternoon, early evening.

Pasta, vegetables, turkey and tomatoes from the garden topped with Italian dress will be dinner along with a delicious pineapple I picked up at Aldi.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It will either be spaghetti or Sheppard's pie since I have 1 lb ground beef to use up. I cleaned out my pantry this morning, now I need to attack my lazy susan that is stuffed with Tupperware. The roof is going on today, they started at 6:30 which I was not prepared for. Thank goodness my neighbors are all really nice! Of course I always give them things so that helps. A few weeks ago hubs came home with 500 bottles of Gain laundry soap, the big jugs, the van was so crammed full. He got the whole lot for $150 so we gave the neighbors a bunch, and the kids and took the rest to the womens shelter. I kept around 60 bottles so I wont have to buy it forever.

Anyways, they are supposed to be done with the roof around noon. I was hoping to run to the salvage store in Orwell but after cleaning the pantry I should stop shopping lol. I am making a huge effort to use up everything in the freezer so I can order another side of beef. I have 3 turkeys and 2 whole packer briskets so I really need to get back to Sunday dinners with the family. We are moving the MIL into the new house we just finished this weekend, so hopefully we can start dinner next week.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
      A few weeks ago hubs came home with 500 bottles of Gain laundry soap, the big jugs, the van was so crammed full. He got the whole lot for $150 so we gave the neighbors a bunch, and the kids and took the rest to the womens shelter. I kept around 60 bottles so I wont have to buy it forever.
      What a great buy, muzette! I'm assuming it's a liquid detergent as you mentioned "big jugs". Does it deteriorate in time? Nice that you were able to help so many people with it.

The detergent that I use was on half price at our supermarket about a year ago and we bought about 20 x 1 litre bottles. Each load only uses 40ml and I'm still using it. I think we still have about 6 bottles but I'll need to use it before we move. It's only for top loader machines and I'll be using a front loader.

Just a clarification question: doesn't "big jugs" have another meaning in USA? I remember the term being used in the Jim Carrey movie, Liar Liar...
      I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Another day of resting... I'm sitting so much I'm getting a sore tailbone.

We are in lockdown again. Our Premier is saying it's only for 5 days but my bet is that it will go for at least two weeks. Fortunately all my children can work from home. We are not allowed to have any visitors to the house and we can only leave for essential medications and food. Masks are mandatory again. We won't be going anywhere.

Dinner tonight was oven baked battered flathead, mashed potato and peas. For dessert John cut up some fresh fruit for us to share. He's becoming very domestic in his old age...
        I really want a smoke detector that shuts off as soon as I shout…“I’M ONLY COOKING!!”

Comment

Yes, big jugs means tatas as well, but I feel mostly teenage boys and pervy old men say that lol. Hubs had gotten a deal on Tide last year and it kept through the garage in the winter, it thawed out and worked just fine. He goes to Lowes several times a day so when a new shipment comes in they put the old stuff on sale. They were extra short on room so thats how he got the deal because they had 2 skids to get rid of so it was the buy it all now and get it out of here price. We also spend a fortune there so they invite us to all kinds of parties that we never go to.

Comment

It’s been a lovely cool and cloudy day today, temperature barely got to 70, just perfect! We did a shopping run today, Safeway has at $1 off per gallon with our points, Walmart and Costco. I hadn’t been to Costco in quite awhile and my freezer looked like it too. I was so surprised, they were actually giving out food samples today! Gotta love Senior’s Lunch LOL! When we got home we’d had our Ruggable delivery, we ordered a new 8x10 top for one of our living room rugs and we’ll but the one we have in our guest bedroom.

We had rotisserie chicken thighs, a package of 7 Whole Grains rice quinoa etc. and a Pear Gorgonzola green salad.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
              Yes, big jugs means tatas as well, but I feel mostly teenage boys and pervy old men say that lol. Hubs had gotten a deal on Tide last year and it kept through the garage in the winter, it thawed out and worked just fine. He goes to Lowes several times a day so when a new shipment comes in they put the old stuff on sale. They were extra short on room so thats how he got the deal because they had 2 skids to get rid of so it was the buy it all now and get it out of here price. We also spend a fortune there so they invite us to all kinds of parties that we never go to.
              I used Tide during one of my visits to the US. It's a good product that we don't get here, however I need to use the brand that I currently use because John very sensitive skin.

You've given me a new word... "skids". I'm assuming that it's a wooden frame that is used to make lifting heavy loads possible when using a fork lift. We call that a wooden (or plastic) pallet.

https://i0.wp.com/www.shippingandfreightresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/pallet1.png?resize=325%2C189&ssl=1

Comment

We call it a pallet when empty but a skid when its loaded up.

Comment

Working...
                X