Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Guess what? Yes, it is raining. I so wish I could send some out west that would help the droughts and wildfires that are raging and destroying so many homes, wildlife and forests. The high will be 75 and the low of 62 with a 70% chance of rain and the flood watch is still in effect.

I am making a ham loaf, baked sweet potatoes, salad and a plum tart for dinner. What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good Morning ! A warm Summer day here in Texas .
    Company coming for a late lunch - the pressure cooker can cook while we catch up.

https://www.copykatchat.com/forum/in...-beef-barbacoa
    www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

We had chicken schnitzel for dinner tonight and there's a story behind it. Immy's dad, Tim works as a security officer at one of the local clubs where they have poker machines/slots, meals and a bar. Because this shutdown we are in was called at 4.30pm that day, the chefs had already started to prepare for evening meals when the restaurant opened for meals at 6pm. The most popular order every night is chicken parmigiana and the chef had hammered and crumbed a lot of chicken breasts. They gave Tim a huge bag of crumbed chicken to take home to either eat or feed to the dogs. Tiff brought down three enormous schnitzels and only one of them fed us both for dinner. I already know what we are having for dinner tomorrow night and the night after. John had wedges and peas with his... I had wedges and avocado with mine.

I wasn't well for most of today and after a sleepless night. I had recovered enough to bake some bread tonight.

Andrew cooked today too... he made cheese puffs and then ate almost the whole tray of them himself...

https://i.imgur.com/ft7rMXY.jpg
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Andrew has the most beautiful head of hair I have ever seen on a young boy. You mentioned you had wedges at dinner - I only know of potato wedges and shoes that are called wedges. So, what are your wedges? Is Andrew putting shredded cheese on some sort of cracker or dough? I am shocked that Tiff ate three chicken parmesans? She must have been starved!!

We are having the Chinese food we didn't have last night. When my husband has lunch late like 1 or 1:30 pm and it is hot outside, he usually doesn't want anything for dinner. I did give him a small salad so he could have something but no way a big meal.

Comment

Whatever I can come up with to go with potato salad.

Comment

I just love Andrew’s curly hair! My oldest son had curls like that when he was little but they were very blond. His hair is quite dark now but still curly.

It’s nice out today, maybe low 70’s. Not much going on, did a few house things and that’s about it.

We’re having Papa Murphy’s pizza tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Andrew has the most beautiful head of hair I have ever seen on a young boy. So, what are your wedges? Is Andrew putting shredded cheese on some sort of cracker or dough? I am shocked that Tiff ate three chicken parmesans? She must have been starved!!
              Andrew has gorgeous hair and he no longer fights with the hairdresser. He just tells his Mum that it's time for a haircut. I don't think he will ever have short hair but it does reach a point at being too long.

No... Tiff didn't eat three chicken parmas... She brought three of them down to our house. I don't think anyone's stomach would hold that much chicken.

What Andrew was making are cheese puffs. He starts with frozen sheets of flaky pastry, cuts them into rectangles and sprinkles them with grated parmesan cheese and seasoned salt. They are very good. His Mum is trying her best to get him eating again after his surgery so she's letting him cook his own.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                I just love Andrew’s curly hair! My oldest son had curls like that when he was little but they were very blond. His hair is quite dark now but still curly.
                His hair is thick and in great condition. He still won't have it brushed... that's the only issue he has after falling through our window and cutting his head. I think it will stay fair... he plays outside a lot and his Dad has fair hair.

Comment

My son’s hair was pure light blond when he was little, mine was too. As we’ve both gotten older our hair went to dark brown, now mine is dark gray with some white in front. Both of us kept our curls. He’s played in rock and roll bands since he was in high school and I have pictures of him where he looked like Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin. He’s got long hair again now as the band he plays in get a lot of business playing in clubs and other events. I expect he’ll be retiring from Honda in a couple years and playing rock and roll until he’s in his 90s!

Comment

Working...
                  X