Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 19th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I am groggy eyed this morning as DGS has a solid case of food poisoning but is doing better this morning. His girlfriend got it also and it is not as intense as his is but did not eat as much of the same food as he did. He said a bit ago that he thinks he might live but at 10 last night would not have given a penny that he would have. I was up most of the night checking on him as he was finally just laying on the bathroom floor. He refused the ER and said it would pass and thankfully he is healthy and it is.

It will be mostly sunny with a high of 82 and the low of 65. It got so humid yesterday so it is anyone's guess what it will be today.

Dinner will be some chicken noodle soup I pulled from the freezer for DGS and I am having a ham loaf sandwich along with some fruit.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I hope he feels better, I know I will not be eating Taco Bell ever again after my last run in with them! I have not a single clue what to make for dinner. Nothing sounds good, but I do have chicken breast to use. Maybe I will make katsu or miso chicken.

Comment

We've been working all day and we are down to the last couple of crates containing fabric from the green shed. It has to be transported in cardboard crates sealed with tape... removalists won't take items in plastic crates as they tend to break or lose their lids and scatter contents around the truck. It's been a good opportunity to sort out any fabrics that I won't want to keep. I have a lot of fabrics and won't need to buy any for quite a while. I can't wait to start sewing for our grandchildren when I have a dedicated sewing room.

As I predicted on day one of our current lockdown, it has been extended by an undetermined length of time. One of the removalists that started this wave of COVID Delta variant infected his mother, aged 51 and she has died. Seems that he has paid a big price for ignoring his positive tests.

John was going to have bacon and eggs for dinner tonight, however when I tested the eggs they all floated. Instead he had fish fillets, wedges and peas. I had a bowl of chicken and corn soup.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Thanks muz. That is where they got the food also. I keep telling him buying food right before closing has probably been sitting and they serve it so they don't have a need for dumping it. Live and learn I guess.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I have been told and have also read that getting food poisoning doesn't happen immediately. That 24-36 hours can pass before symptoms show. Perhaps there are people here who know more about the medical symptoms of food poisoning. I do know that Chipotle has had food issues in the past. I have only had their burrito once because if I want a burrito, I want it with meat and not a bunch of rice (cheap) with a smear of meat at a premium price. They charge high prices for a mostly rice burrito. I also don't think I have ever gone to Taco Bell. I am only familiar with them due to advertising on TV.

Comment

I had food poisoning once after eating at McDonalds, many, many years ago. My husband and my kids had hamburgers, I had their fish sandwich. Not a good idea. I don't know if it was the fish or the tartar sauce that got to me, but I was so sick. Have not eaten at McDonalds since that day. I do love their coffee, but not their food.

Comment

It’s a pretty summer day today, high in the 70’s. The skies are clear and you can see the Cascades and the Olympics quite clearly. The snow on the mountains has really melted down. Didn’t do much today at all.

We’re having chicken Caesar salad for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                I had food poisoning once after eating at McDonalds, many, many years ago. My husband and my kids had hamburgers, I had their fish sandwich. Not a good idea. I don't know if it was the fish or the tartar sauce that got to me, but I was so sick. Have not eaten at McDonalds since that day. I do love their coffee, but not their food.
                I bought some chicken nuggets from Hungry Jacks when Immy was a baby and they made me very sick... thank God Immy was too young to have any or she would have been sick as well. Haven't bought anything from there since, although John has bought their onion rings. And another time we went out for lunch with the Mayor of our town and John and I ordered fish with salad (John had vegetables). I was violently ill the next day and obviously it wasn't the fish. I assumed it was the tartar sauce. It's notorious for causing food poisoning.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                X