Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another HHH day today with the high of 87 and the low of 66 with the chance of rain later today.

DGS is making a slow recovery and says he feels hungry and wants food but does not want throwing up or having the runs so is not sure he should eat. I just made him 2 scrambled eggs, no salt and no pepper and gave him about 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt with the active cultures in it. He ate slowly and says he feels a lot better but is hoping it does not set him off again. I don't think it will, might just make his tummy feeling "off" for a bit but should be ok. His color is back so I think he will be over this by tomorrow with any luck. He ate the food Saturday night and woke up Sunday morning with a raging headache and it just got worse over the day peaking at about 4 A.M. Monday morning. Rough road for him for sure.

I am not sure what dinner will be so will go freezer shopping pretty quick. Bland and soft food for DGS for at least most of the day.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I had a good day today, despite the lockdown. I've sorted through more fabric, packing what I'll keep and tossing what is not useful. I'm down to fabric offcuts from when my children wore Happy pants most days. I loved them... they were bright, easy to make and low cost. Found some other fabric that I bought to make my Mum some new pinafores because the ones she had were way too big. She was a big lady until her last three years on this earth and I found her pattern. Instead I will use it to bake warm pants for the three children.

Dinner: I had suggested a burger to John, however the lettuce and tomato got refunded instead of being delivered and I still had no eggs. Instead we decided to bring some food in. We bought crunchy chicken pieces and onion rings from Red Rooster and buttered rolls from our grocery delivery. It was very tasty and satisfying.

I'm going back to sorting... one crate to go. Tiff has taken all the single bed linen that I didn't need and also wants her bed rom when she was Immy's age. One step closer to to reducing our stuff and packing what is being kept.

I don't know if LTB will read this but if you do, your grandson's headaches may be caused by low sugar which is common during illnesses. Just a suggestion and you may know that already.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

These were happy pants in case no-one remembers them:

https://i.imgur.com/lGypSas.jpg
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I have Italian sausages in the crockpot for sandwiches tonight. My daughter asked me to take the kiddos tomorrow so I ran out and got kid snacks this morning. My raised bed garden exploded over the past few days with all the rain, and I see they have them on sale so I am ordering another one today. I usually scrub my bathrooms on Tuesdays, but I guess I will put it off until the kids come and go, no point in doing it twice. Going to make some brownies or cupcakes tonight. I saw on Tik Tok where you take a can of frosting, add 2 sticks of butter and 2 T of heavy cream and beat the heck out of it. Its supposed to make the canned frosting super tasty, so I might as well try it.

Comment

It’s been a nice, lazy day today. I got a couple of boxes out of the shed and sorted through them, found a few things I’m keeping, the rest will go to the Thrift store in town.

We’re having more smoked pulled pork and macaroni and cheese and fruit for dinner.

Comment

Working...
          X