Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a HHH day with the high of 89 and the low of 68.

All the leftover vegetables and cheeses from yesterday's dinner will become tonight's dinner with bacon and chicken added into the mix with lettuce from the garden. Garlic toast will also be had along with a fruit salad.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We are still in lockdown of sorts. We can now travel more than 5km, however we are no allowed to go inside someone else's house. We can go shopping for food and medicines and children can once again go to school. The removalists responsible for this outbreak of COVID got nothing more than a $200 fine for breaching the border closures. The news reporters are calling it "a slap on the wrist" and certainly not a deterrent to other people considering doing the wrong thing.

My dinner was a disaster tonight. I bought some 'ready to heat' meals for me to have when John has pork. I'm so tired of pork that I never want to see it again. Tonight it was a pasta meal with baked vegetables but it didn't taste very nice at all. I tried dousing it with sauce and grated cheese but I still couldn't eat it. Instead I made a sandwich with ham, alfalfa sprouts and cheese. John had skinless franks in bread with fried onion.

I'm about to go to bed now that the dressage is finished at the Olympics.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

So who is monitoring how far you drive , not just you, but anybody ??

Comment

Chayote and Sabine - It sounds like it is supposed to be the honor system. After all, they say to wear a mask if you haven't been vaccinated. You certainly can't tell who has and hasn't so you can bet unvaccinated people are running around without a mask. Who will question them? No one. It probably should be all or nothing. Unless someone is checking mileage on odometers, you don't know how far someone has driven - crazy. Chayote - too bad there was only a $200 fine. Probably should have been put in jail for a week - that way they don't get a paycheck either and would cost them more plus perhaps a mark on their record. JMHO.

Comment

I have tons of brisket left over so tonight will be brisket taco salad.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            Chayote and Sabine - It sounds like it is supposed to be the honor system. After all, they say to wear a mask if you haven't been vaccinated. You certainly can't tell who has and hasn't so you can bet unvaccinated people are running around without a mask. Who will question them? No one. It probably should be all or nothing. Unless someone is checking mileage on odometers, you don't know how far someone has driven - crazy. Chayote - too bad there was only a $200 fine. Probably should have been put in jail for a week - that way they don't get a paycheck either and would cost them more plus perhaps a mark on their record. JMHO.
            yes, Vera, you have a point, the good old honor system. Or maybe your neighbor ( or friend / family ) will turn you in. Of course unvaccinated people are running around without wearing a mask. And of course it's ok for all the illegal people coming across the OPEN border without vaccination, of course that is ok. Slap a papermask on them and send them all over the country. We have to go back to wearing a mask in some states and the the people coming across don't have to account for anything.

Comment

It’s a pretty and warm day here today and pretty quiet around home. We’ve had well over 40 days without measurable rain, we’re on track to beat the previous record of 55 days soon. I noticed yesterday that the Skagit River is the lowest level I’ve seen since we’ve been here.

I’m making skillet sausage with white beans and spinach tonight, it’s been awhile since I’ve made it. We’ll probably have some fruit with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                You're absolutely correct, Vera and Sabine... it is an honour system but there are always neighbours around that delight in calling in a complaint about someone who is not complying. Australia prided itself for generation at being a non-dobbing race of people but that all changed with COVID. People are tired of being in lockdown so they relish the opportunity to dob on their neighbours, especially if they are not friendly towards each other.

Driving out of the boundaries is usually only picked up if the driver does something wrong in front of police. When they are pulled up the driver is asked for their license and if the driver is outside of the boundary, they are questioned about the reason. If it's not a good one, the driver and any passengers can be heavily fined. It's just not worth the risk. Good reasons are if the driver is an essential worker at a hospital or if the driver has been given permission to do a welfare check on a loved one. All the borders that are closed have police presence to stop travellers from crossing State lines without a written permit. The removalists that caused this current outbreak did have a permit, however they didn't comply with testing and staying in their vehicle. I agree with you that the punishment should have been harsher, however their co-operated in providing all locations where they had breached the rules, was traded for leniency.

The whole of Australia has been strict on COVID restrictions since day one and our low rate and especially our low death rate is impressive. This has only been achieved by following restrictions. The current numbers are 33,474 positive tests since the beginning of the pandemic and 921 deaths from our population of almost 26 million. The majority of cases and deaths have been in my home State of Victoria. Of course we still have the idiots who hold protests against the restrictions.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                X