Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 31st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a sunny morning with the high of a pleasant 78 and the low a comfortable 62. I had my windows open all night and how wonderful that was.

I have some bread rising and will make BLT's for dinner along with cantaloupe.

What will be your dinner for this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Rained all day so I stayed inside... not that I've been spending much time outside. I was hoping to drive to the cemetery to visit my parents and take some daphne from the garden but too cold, too wet. Try again tomorrow.

John went out and bought crunchy chicken from Red Rooster for our dinner. It was nice... I had one piece. I'll have some cold on biscuits tomorrow. The meal came with six pieces of chicken, some chips and a few onion rings. I'm still craving for my salad which I'll hopefully put together tomorrow.

Hair salons are still not open. Getting close to cutting it myself.

Still watching the Olympics on TV. The diving started to day... one of my favourite events.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

My Mexican neighbors are having a huge party with a band and birrias in all flavors so that will be my dinner. Its his 50th birthday and this is the 3rd week of partying so they take it pretty seriously. Last weekend they did a pig roast, but they do it different from American style. They literally had a huge vat, like the kind you would picture witches brewing potions in. They filled it with oil and stuck the whole pig in it.

Comment

We have friends that are Cuban and they put a pig in a vault of some sort and bury it with a bed of charcoal sitting on top. I have never seen it so I don't know if I am describing it correctly. After going through all that, I hope it was good.

Comment

The old authentic Texas barbacoa was cooked in a underground pit. It's not done that way anymore , that I know of, these days it is cooked in the oven or bbq . The old authentic way was too cook a cows head, for many hours and then serve it in flour tortillas . No, I have never had it that way. Restaurants don't serve it that way anymore.
          I can not imagine eating pork , which is fatty meat , cooked in oil

Comment

Sabine - How do they cook the pig at a luau? Isn't that cooked in a pit? I've never been to one so I don't know but I believe it is an all day process.

Comment

Luau, isnt that what they do in Hawaii?
              yes, I think it is cooked in a pit
              I have been to Hawaii, but not a luau.

Comment

Well it’s clear Mother Nature is off her meds! It was cool, cloudy, breezy and we had some sprinkles today after a few days of hot and running the AC. We’ve both been busy today, it was comfortable enough in the garage to get some serious work done on the streetrod and I cleaned out some cupboards and drawers.

We decided not to go out tonight. Both of us are kind of grubby and I just wasn’t feeling having Outback, maybe some other night. We’re going to finish the skillet sausage, white beans and spinach and have garlic bread with it.

Comment

Working...
                X