Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is partly sunny with heavy rain predicted for brief sprits midday with the high of 77 and the low of 59.

DGS has already went out and picked the last of the lettuce and a couple tomatoes as he said last night that bacon is good but when you have garden fresh lettuce, tomatoes and homemade bread it is the best BLT that would ever pass the lips. Therefore he said he will make them again tonight. I am positive that is A OK with me.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

No clue today. I havent taken anything out of the freezer so that sounds like a good excuse to order pizza.

Comment

Another very cold day. We both have aches and pains because of the weather.

John had battered fish, mashed potato and peas for dinner. I finally made my salad dressing and my salad tasted awesome! It has crunchy chicken left from last night, avocado, cos lettuce and cucumber (that should have been gold plated! ) The salad dressing I made is Catalina dressing, like the Kraft one that we can't buy in this country.

https://i.imgur.com/ogBZ4Zj.jpg?1
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
        No clue today. I havent taken anything out of the freezer so that sounds like a good excuse to order pizza.
        hi, muzette... I was about to respond to your post about buying a holiday home in Mexico but I can't find it. We have owned two holiday homes in Tasmania. I loved the first one at Interlaken but there are a bush fire in the area and then the Council opened up the area to deer hunting. I hated the sound of rifles going off so we sold the house. The next one we bought was in Derby, Tasmania. Shortly after we bought it, John has his heart attack and required double bypass surgery. We were advised to not visit Tasmania again because if John got sick again, he may not survive a Royal Flying Doctor flight back to Melbourne. They do have hospitals in Tasmania but not for specialty heart surgery. The house took a while to sell but eventually it did. We won't be buying another one in this lifetime. I hope you're able to follow your dream of many Mexican summers ahead of you...
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I was going to ask Muzette if she has ever been to Mexico. And I dont mean the resorts either, but I also cannot find her post anymore ?
          I guess she deleted it ?

Comment

I am clueless about dinner at this point. Maybe just a grilled cheese. I fell yesterday at my daughters home. We had a great swim and barbecue party. I didn't hurt at all yesterday, only a scratch, but today my knee aches when I walk.

Comment

I hope you feel better soon.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s kind of cloudy today and the temperature is comfortable. Not a lot going on here, just doing some of the usual house stuff and doing some reading. I’m reading The Institute by Stephen King right now and it’s a hard one to put down! I’m pretty sure it won’t take long to get through 650 pages.

We’re going to have more sauerbraten and egg noodles and gravy and some salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                X