Cucumbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cucumbers

Did you know you can slice up a cucumber and sprinkle on a packet of ranch dressing mix, then let it hang in the fridge for a while and it will taste like ranchy pickles? Its amazing!

Sounds interesting. I will have to give it a try.
    I take the seeds out of cucumbers, slice them up and marinate them in the leftover pickle juice of my Wickles Pickles jar when the pickles are gone. I'm hooked on them. Haha!

Comment

I buy english cucumbers , they don't have any seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        I do too, or Persian cucumbers. But the regulars were on sale cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          I've never heard of seedless cucumbers. The plants that are available at Bunnings only have Lebanese cucumbers and burpless cucumbers. My supermarket only has $4 cucumbers! (yep... not over it yet but I will be when it's all gone) I'm just unsure how I would grow then if they are seedless and cucumbers are grown from seeds. Google, here I come!

Just adding that when my grandson, Andrew was introduced to cucumber, he announced that he only liked the "juice" which to him is the line of seeds in the middle. A year later he is still only eating the seeds. He's a complex child to feed!
          Last edited by Chayote; 08-03-2021, 01:51 AM.
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote - The seedless cucumbers are called English cucumbers in our stores. They come tightly wrapped in clear cellophane either individually or a three pack. They are long and somewhat longer and thinner. They do have seeds but much smaller than a regular cucumber and they cost twice as much or more. I buy them when I want a salad that doesn't juice up like the regular ones. I like them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Chayote - The seedless cucumbers are called English cucumbers in our stores. They come tightly wrapped in clear cellophane either individually or a three pack. They are long and somewhat longer and thinner. They do have seeds but much smaller than a regular cucumber and they cost twice as much or more. I buy them when I want a salad that doesn't juice up like the regular ones. I like them.
              They sound good, Vera. They are not available in Australia and are not allowed to be imported in. I've joined a website that supplies good quality seeds... it's called Diggers. They have about ten different varieties of cucumbers and I was looking at what they were. I'll probably buy a variety that is good for growing in elevated gardens or pots so that the plants don't run all over the yard. Last year I planted pumpkins and cucumbers and the pumpkins literally swallowed up the cucumbers and strangled the vine so that the plant died. I won't fall for that trick again.
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
              X