Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a HHH day with the high of 86 and the low of 70.

I just put some chicken in the crockpot along with some herbs I picked, garlic and onion. I will make BBQ chicken on toasted homemade bread, corn on the cob and a fruit salad for tonight's dinner.

What is your Saturday night dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I've had an annoying day... the flowers that I sent my sister for her 80th birthday were nothing like what I ordered. I spent ages picking out a bouquet that I thought would suit her... I put a picture of it on a previous thread. What she received were yellow lilies, some brown waratahs (Australian native flowers that are actually dried) and a mixture of yellow and red gerberas. I thought of complaining but I let it go because she was happy with them. However, I'm going to send flowers to my nunny friend who is not doing well in yet another lockdown. I've chosen a different florist and the pictures on their website are perfect and this time I'm going to phone in the order and ask a lot of questions. Fresh flowers in Australia cost a minimum of $80 plus a delivery fee and I think they should at least choose flowers in that colour range. My sister's flowers looked like they had bunched together everything they had left at the end of the day and tied a ribbon around it. So disappointed and it wasn't worth the $104 that I paid.

Dinner tonight was easy for both of us: John had a toasted bread roll with sliced pork; I had chicken and corn soup. Supper was freshly baked bread with butter and vegemite.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I have a turkey in the oven. Not really in the mood for it, but the end of the freezer is in sight. Really I want turkey soup tomorrow. I woke up to another stinking ear infection so soon as the turkey is done I am going to take a nice long nap.

Comment

Hope you feel better soon muz.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been a nice cool day today, but it is going to get nasty warm again by about the middle of the week. I can do without that! I’ve been doing laundry and dust mopping and vacuuming all the floors today. How does Abby even have a hair on her body???

We’re going to get takeout from Farmers Cafe tonight. Ken’s having chicken fried steak and I’m having the Harvest Salad.

Edited to add: Well darn, Farmers was closed today. We got takeout from Miyako’s Teriyaki instead.
          Last edited by CharleneG; 08-07-2021, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Chayote - When I receive flowers, I always send a picture of what I received to the sender. Then they can determine if the order was correct. I think I would still contact that florist to let them know that what was received wasn't even close to what was ordered and that you are taking your business elsewhere. Otherwise, they will never know that they did a poor job. Hope the next florist does a better job for you.

Muzette - usually an ear infection needs antibiotics - at least that has been my experience. You may have to go to a Patient First where they can treat you. Good luck.

Comment

I have to agree with Vera on this one. I also send pics of flowers that I receive to the sender . The florist needs to know that the order was not correct. You spend a lot of money on those flowers..

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                Chayote - When I receive flowers, I always send a picture of what I received to the sender. Then they can determine if the order was correct. I think I would still contact that florist to let them know that what was received wasn't even close to what was ordered and that you are taking your business elsewhere. Otherwise, they will never know that they did a poor job. Hope the next florist does a better job for you.
                g'day, Vera... I've decided to complain about my first order and will write to them tomorrow. What I didn't know was that the company I ordered with is like a broker. They accept orders to be delivered anywhere within Australia or overseas and pass the order to a florist in the closest region. Had I realised that, I wouldn't have used them. My sister has just turned 80 and is not good at using her phone for talking on far less taking photos. I have two photos of what she received and I'll show them to you privately. Suffice to say she's not good at arranging flowers. What I was taking particular note of were the flowers themselves. Yellow roses, yellow and pink lilies, yellow gerberas, yellow chrysanthemums and a dried waratah. What I paid for was a bouquet called 'Lavender Love'.

I'm about to order a bouquet for a friend having a tough time right now and I've found a florist not using a broker and will phone them tomorrow and ask lots of questions before placing the order. Flowers are not cheap to send and I need a florist that will pride in their work.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Oh yes, I am on antibiotics, they had to put a wick in my ear also.

Comment

Working...
                  X