Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will HHH today with the high of 88 and the low of 72.

Dinner tonight will be a salmon patty on a salad full of vegetables and a fruit salad.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I still have a smile on my face after watching the Olympics closing ceremony. There was such a feeling of peace and friendship. I had my doubts about the Olympics and had decided not to watch it, as if giving punishment to Japan for making the decision to proceed. Silly, I know. I've been watching every day without even caring who won what. It was like watching the world coming together and making the best of a difficult Olympic Games. It was the first time in history that a delayed Olympics had been played. All others that had difficulties, including pandemics, had cancelled. I was in awe of the opening ceremony and although equally as spectacular, the closing ceremony just stated in music, song and dance that... hey, we made it work. I'll remember these Games for the rest of my life. If I'm still alive to see my grandchildren doing final studies at high school I would love to tell them that even a pandemic couldn't dampen the Olympic Games.

Dinner was simple... John had pork on toast; I had bake beans from a can, cheese and toast. Simple but filling meals.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I boiled down the turkey carcass and made a pot of soup. Half of my face is swollen and my jaw even hurts, but the hot soup really felt good. I am thinking ice cream might feel good too tee hee hee. I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep so the soup was done by 10 am.

Comment

I hope you improve quick muz and the pain goes away even faster muz.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been a very pretty day today. I finished the laundry, bed remade, everything hung up and put away. Ken took it a bit easier today, did some garage cleaning. I posted some free engine parts on Next Door and Marketplace, they got picked up quickly and had at least 5 other people wanting them. One less pile of stuff to deal with!

We’re having more of the chicken Parmesan Meatballs and pasta for dinner with some fruit on the side.

Comment

Working...
          X