Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Another HHH day will make being outside very uncomfortable as the high will be 91 with the heat index of 95 or higher with the low of 71.

Chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, green beans and a Waldorf salad will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I spent my day crocheting and resting. My knee was/is giving me a difficult time.

Dinner was convenient: John had a meat pie from the freezer; I had a small serve of rice with sweet'n'sour pork that was a heat and serve meal from Woolworths. It was not great but edible. I counted three pieces of pork, one piece of pineapple and 12 pieces of water chestnut. That was the total contents. I won't buy those meals again.

The current COVID lockdown has centered itself in my town so we are staying well and truly away from everyone. Our home help was cancelled this morning but we can get by without it.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I went back to the Dr today because I was up crying last night my ear hurt so bad, actually I went to the CVS min clinic and saw a younger nurse practitioner. She gave me different meds and said that research showed these worked better..... she also told me to take ibuprofen and acetaminophen together at the same time. OMG talk about life changing!!!!! I went from crying to zero pain in about 30 min.

That being said I put sauerkraut, potatoes, mushrooms, green beans and kielbasa in a crockpot with a packet of ranch. I saw the recipe in a crock pot group I am in, and the way everyone raved about it so I thought I would give it a shot. It is not good. I mean its not bad, but I wont make it again.

Comment

I played Bunco today and had a bite out at a local tearoom. No plans for evening.

Comment

I am sorry that you have been in that kind of pain muz. I hope the new meds work wonders for you and the pain killers take care of the pain so you can get some sleep tonight.
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s starting to get warm again, weather service says the weekend will be dangerously hot. I went to the grocery store and picked up things to make cold meals with. I’ll be making chicken salad, pasta salad, green salads, frozen shrimp cocktail rings etc. We’re just so glad this house has AC and it doesn’t cost us much to use it. Not much else going on.

I’m making beef enchilada stuffed shells and some fruit tonight.

Comment

Working...
            X