August 12th Dinner Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning! It is overcast and raining at the moment with rain predicted throughout the day. The high will be 90 with the low of 74 with high winds, flood watch, hail along with the chance of heavy downpours. Only the ducks will be happy today I think.

I am having a egg salad sandwich and some fruit tonight and not sure what DGS will have.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Wow the storms last night were bad. Got a phone warning to get away from windows. It looks like today will be the same. I am thinking pot roast in the crock pot, but who knows if we will keep power. If not I guess it will be sandwiches!

Comment

John and I spent an hour bringing stuff in from the green shed to sort out. There's an ad on TV, I don't even know what it's advertising, but the story is a woman is downsizing her house and she says, "if you don't love it, chuck it" so I've been telling myself that all day. I have a crate full of Beanie Bears that I'd forgotten I even had. Some of them I will keep... the American flag bear, Statue of Liberty bear, Canadian bear, Texas bear, Australian flag bear... (this is going to be difficult) so I've set myself 25% to keep and 75% go.

Dinner tonight was meat pies for both of us. The shop they came from is now shut down because of COVID but I bought these pies about three weeks ago. I followed up with a hot chocolate shake and a pop tart.

https://i.imgur.com/BDxPZZb.jpg
      Last edited by Chayote; 08-12-2021, 01:05 PM.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Yeah, those Beanie Babies were a fad back in the 80s?? I think people thought if they collected them, they would become rich in the 2000s. I never got into them or the Cabbage Patch Dolls. However, just so you know I didn't miss out on collecting, my son started to collect Garage Pail Kids - they never went up either but I still have them - lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
          Yeah, those Beanie Babies were a fad back in the 80s?? I think people thought if they collected them, they would become rich in the 2000s. I never got into them or the Cabbage Patch Dolls. However, just so you know I didn't miss out on collecting, my son started to collect Garage Pail Kids - they never went up either but I still have them - lol.
          I know what you are talking about Vera. My granddaughters collected Beanie Babies when they were young girls. No clue what happened to it, I think my daughter sold them at her garage sale.
          I bought my daughter a cabbage Patch doll , my daughter was already in College, go figure. When the granddaughters came along the American Girl dolls were in fashion and of course I bought those. My daughter kept those dolls and gave them back to the girls when she moved to the ranch a couple of month ago. A lot of money was spent on those " toys ".

Comment

I have green beans and new potatoes to fix for dinner. So far that is all I have planned.

Comment

I used to work with a couple of people that were collecting Beanie Babies in the late 90’s. They were spending up to $200 apiece on some of them! That was just nuts to me. I had a couple of them that used to sit on my old computer monitor but I only paid about $4 each for them. I think I still have them but I wouldn’t swear to it.

It isn’t a nice day at all today. Very warm and kind of muggy and a lot of smoke in the air. We went up to Bellingham/Ferndale this morning to exchange some linear actuator parts that are going on the hood of the street rod and it was really bad up there, very heavy smoke and over 90. While we were up there I went to Trader Joe’s and stocked up on some items. Once we got back to Snohomish County the smoke wasn’t quite as bad, but it’s still very warm. We’re just going to stay in with the AC on. We saw the houses this morning that burned down yesterday, they’re pretty much total losses. I feel so bad for the families that lived there. The community has started some GoFundMe pages for them and they’re really doing well on contributions.

I’m going to take a bag of Asian chopped salad and add a bunch of rotisserie chicken to it and that will be dinner. I’ve got some Kozy Shack rice pudding for dessert.

Comment

I didn't buy Beanie Bears with any thoughts of them being worth money. Most of what I have are the ones I purchased around the USA and Canada on my last trip. They were perfect souvenirs because they didn't break and could be squashed into my luggage. Besides that, they were cheap. I have a couple of bears dressed as local (Australian) football teams, one that Tiff bought me once when she liked me... it says "Best Mum" across the middle. One that I bought in Canada with a Maid of the Mist raincoat. Several have been gifts from friends here on CopyKat.

My girls had Cabbage Patch kids... the original ones. I still have them in my doll cabinets but will reluctantly hand over Tiff's Gary to her. Immy loves him to bits but only played with him here. I made a lot of clothes for the CPKs, usually duplicating their own clothes so my girls could dress them the same as what they were wearing. Some CPKs are worth money if they are in good condition and better still, mint in their boxes.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                X