Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It rained most of the day yesterday and more is predicted for today. The high will be 78 and the low of 68.

I have pulled ham from the freezer for dinner along with cinnamon, apple pancakes, and pineapple that I cut up this morning.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

This was a day much like every other day in lockdown. What made it better was the meal that John prepared for me for dinner:

https://i.imgur.com/ZCokvJR.jpg

I'm thinking of sending him out to work in a restaurant. Look - he even remembered the salad dressing. The salad consists of Cos lettuce, red onion, avocado, celery and peashoots. He told me he's still intending to lay claim to the new kitchen in our next house. His meal was mashed potato, peas and battered fish.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

That looks so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        That looks so good.
        It was *amazing*, Sabine. The fish and prawns were in the freezer and they just needed 15 minutes in the airfryer. I think he did great with the salad. I ate every piece of it. I love that he's willing to prepare a meal that he would never eat.
        I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
        would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I actually have no clue today, hoping inspiration hits me.

Comment

Chayote - For someone who never really cooked before, he sure knows how to plate. Glad it was tasty. Let him pamper you if he enjoys the kitchen now. Tell John - well done!!

Comment

The meal looks fantastic. My dinner tonight will be light. I had seafood out for lunch so most likely I will fix a salad for dinner this evening.

Comment

It’s been another nice cool day today, love it! I was going to glue down my matchbook collection but found out I bought the wrong thing to do it with. I bought refills instead of the applicator. Oh well, another trip to Michael’s tomorrow Ken has been taking advantage of the cooler weather and getting lots of work done on the streetrod. I had to go down to the vet’s office and pick up Abby’s insulin prescription.

I’m making pork tenderloin medallions with a kalamata olive and caper sauce, some egg noodles and cucumber salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                X