Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be another humid day with the high of 84 and the low of 66 with a partly cloudy sky.

Dinner will be egg salad sandwiches on toasted homemade bread, salad and peach cobbler.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Our Premier announced today that our restrictions will tighten even more if people don't obey the COVID laws. There's already a $5,000 fine, a stay at home order and a curfew. Two men were fined last night when they claimed they were out exercising... at 2am! At this rate we won't be out of lockdown before Christmas...

Dinner tonight was very easy... leftover sausage curry. All I had to cook were the mashed potatoes. I couldn't get through my dinner so I'll reheat it for supper before going to bed.

My daughter sent me a new photo of Hannah today... clever little girl has learned to sit up... She's very much like her Mum but in this photo, she looks a lot like *my* Mum

https://i.imgur.com/EMnV5RE.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chay, that’s nuts about your lockdown! Here they cannot make up their minds on anything.

I love the pic of Hannah! What a doll! Is that beautiful sweater she’s wearing something you made?

Comment

I see Hannah is wearing the sweater you made for her. Cute little girl. She looks like you.
        when is australia going to realize that the lockdowns are not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
          Chay, that’s nuts about your lockdown! Here they cannot make up their minds on anything.

I love the pic of Hannah! What a doll! Is that beautiful sweater she’s wearing something you made?
          g'day, Bean... Yes, I made over 20 of them for her since she was born and am about to start on the next size. It's my Mum's pattern for the jackets that she made for my children.

Our lockdown is because some people in our state think that the COVID laws don't pertain to them. There's not many people who flaunt the rules but it's enough to spread this Delta variant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            I see Hannah is wearing the sweater you made for her. Cute little girl. She looks like you.
            when is australia going to realize that the lockdowns are not working.
            g'day, Sabine... yes, one of many. Because she's just a tad tubby I need to make the next ones with wider sleeve cuffs. Her Mum said that's where she grows out of them first. I love knitting for her. I'm so looking forward to seeing her more often when we move.

You think she looks like me? I can see that Immy looks like me but I hadn't noticed with Hannah. I only have two photos of me as a baby so I don't have a lot to compare her with.

The lockdowns will work if everyone does as they are told. It's only a few isolated incidents but with the Delta variant, it only takes one person. The outbreak in Victoria was started by the removalists. With this variant it's children who are catching it and passing it on. New South Wales is in a much worse condition than us... they've had 59 deaths in the past 28 days. Victoria has had none. We will continue to comply with the rules. We don't go out for anything. We ran out of butter a few days ago but Tiff went and got us some and left it on our doorstep.

Comment

Is your daughter vaccinated ? You don't go out, but your daughter did to get the butter for you, so she went out. I assume that going to the grocery store is allowed, has to be allowed. People have to eat.
              Maybe instead of constant lockdowns the Australian government should get more people vaccinated ??
              Sad situation for everybody, for every country, the world. And we all can thank the communist party of China for refusing to admit that there was a leak at the Wuhan laboratory.

Comment

Hannah has curly hair, the same as Andrew. Now who has curly hair in your family, or is it coming from your SIL's family?

Comment

Well, how absolutely darling is Hannah. I want to pinch those cheeks!! She is beautiful and I know Andrew adores her. Can't imagine her not being in your family. I know she turns 1 in November if I remember correctly. What a blessing she is. I'll bet when she really smiles, she melts everyone's heart!! I know you and John can't wait be live closer.

Comment

Is your daughter vaccinated ? You don't go out, but your daughter did to get the butter for you, so she went out. I assume that going to the grocery store is allowed, has to be allowed. People have to eat.
                    yes, Tiff is double vaccinated and gets tested every week because she works at the airport but she's currently working from home

Comment

Hannah has curly hair, the same as Andrew. Now who has curly hair in your family, or is it coming from your SIL's family?
                      That comes from my dad... he had thick, curly hair. My middle sister and I both inherited curly hair from Dad... thanks for that... We both hate it but love it when the babies have curls

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                        Well, how absolutely darling is Hannah. I want to pinch those cheeks!! She is beautiful and I know Andrew adores her. Can't imagine her not being in your family. I know she turns 1 in November if I remember correctly. What a blessing she is. I'll bet when she really smiles, she melts everyone's heart!! I know you and John can't wait be live closer.
                        Hi, Vera... Yes, she will be one in November. She's a cute little girl who loves food!

Comment

She is absolutely adorable Chayote! I love her curls. My hair is naturally curly too and I’m very glad it is.

It’s very cool and cloudy today, and the forecast predicts some rain. We sure need it and I’m definitely loving being cool in August. Not much happening here today, did a little grocery shopping and we’re back to wearing masks everywhere again. S~I~G~H. I’ve been doing some tidying up and also reading a memoir by Alan Alda that’s kind of interesting.

I’m making our favorite shrimp and pasta dish tonight and we’ll have some fruit with it. I bought a small carrot cake while I was out and that will be dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                            She is absolutely adorable Chayote! I love her curls. My hair is naturally curly too and I’m very glad it is.

It’s very cool and cloudy today, and the forecast predicts some rain. We sure need it and I’m definitely loving being cool in August. Not much happening here today, did a little grocery shopping and we’re back to wearing masks everywhere again. S~I~G~H. I’ve been doing some tidying up and also reading a memoir by Alan Alda that’s kind of interesting.

I’m making our favorite shrimp and pasta dish tonight and we’ll have some fruit with it. I bought a small carrot cake while I was out and that will be dessert.
                            Yes, we are vaccinated and back to wearing masks. Didn't Fauci tell us that if you are fully vaccinated you don't have to wear masks anymore and life is back to normal . I guess that was just another one of his lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                              Vera, this is when she melts our hearts... she giggles so much and I love hearing her through the phone. I love how she screws her little nose up when she's laughing...

https://i.imgur.com/7cW8mK4.jpg?1

Comment

Working...
                              X