Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 21st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is sunny morning along with the high of 85 and the low of 69. It will be another toasty day.

It will be clean out the fridge night so DGS will be very happy and so will I for the no cooking aspect.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Nothing much has changed here due to the lockdown. I saw Immy from a distance and she opened her mouth and asked me if I noticed any difference. I couldn't see that far away but correctly guessed that she had lost her first tooth. The Tooth Fairy left her $5!! I told her that her Mummy only got a $1 coin from the Tooth Fairy when she lost her first tooth. That didn't faze Immy... she just said, "I'm more special than Mummy"

We had dinner delivered tonight... Red Rooster Crunchy fried chicken. I wish I'd made some salad to go with it, however we just at it straight from the box.

On the subject that I hate the most... (vaccines), John and I have bitten the bullet and booked in for our first dose of AstraZeneca for Monday afternoon. I'm not thrilled about it but we have no choice. The State Premiers are all indicating that they may only open their borders to vaccinated Victorians. The Government said they will never force anyone into having a vaccine. That's fine unless you want to travel interstate.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I really am craving a BLT today with some good home grown tomatoes. I have tons of grape tomatoes, I might have to try that tik tok feta tomato pasta recipe soon.

Comment

I saw that muz and thought it looked and sounded good. DGS picked some tomatoes this morning and said BLT's were really sounding good on homemade bread. I see those on the horizon. He also picked more green beans, 4th picking and still going strong. I staggered the plantings so we could have them for a longer period of time. We both just love fresh green beans. So dang good.

I hope your garden is doing well for you. Happy harvesting!!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

We’re having another cool and cloudy day today, the kind of days I really enjoy very much. I did sweeping, dusting and vacuuming and Ken got both lawns fully mowed. They’re finally starting to recover from the scorching heat we had at the end of June, all the grass in town turned brown practically overnight. It’s just too bad the heat didn’t kill the dandelions. They are prolific!

We’re having a Papa Murphy’s pizza for dinner.

Comment

Working...
          X