Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another hot one with the humidity and the high of 88 and the low of 69. I was outside doing a couple of things this morning and it is already uncomfortable even in the shade.

I am making a crockpot meatloaf, sliced tomatoes and peppers from the garden and blueberries, strawberries and blackberries over yogurt.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Have you ever wanted to do something for your entire life but didn't because either you weren't allowed, you were scared of the outcome or maybe it was just an odd thing to do and you didn't want to upset people around you? For me there were two thing... shave my legs as I had previously been banned from doing so by my mother, her telling me that "only loose women shave their legs". She also told me that God would punish me by making the hair twice as thick and grow twice as long... so I didn't do it. I was in my 40s before I gathered up the courage. The other thing I wanted to do was shave my head. Hair to me is a bloody nuisance... it grows and has to be trimmed, it needs to be shampooed and conditioned on a daily basis (for me, anyway) and curly hair like mine went frizzy when I was caught in the rain. My Mum also had a rule about hair. "Don't cut it yourself or it will grow back sticking out all over" and "be thankful for your curls". Not today, Mum! It's all gone... My new look for COVID lockdowns is now a reality and my hair is no more. I've never felt so free in all my life! I may just keep it like this. Why shaved heads are ok for men but frowned at for women, I'll never know.

Now... dinner. I had a couple of steaks in the fridge that needed to be cooked tonight. John enjoyed his with chips, onion and eggs. I struggled through half of my steak and it put me off eating the salad I made. I'm not vegetarian because I enjoy fish, seafood and bacon. I'll have an icecream for dessert and tomato biscuits for my late supper. In the meantime I'll go back to working on my sister's blanket.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Enjoy your new haircut , Chayote
      When I was growing up no women in Germany shaved their legs or underarms, it just wasn't done. Yes, that has changed, thank goodness.

Comment

Chayote - You will have to change your profile picture!! It doesn't bother me working on my hair. I like combing it and styling it. I don't like disheveled hair. I guess I am one of the lucky ones - I don't shave my legs because I really don't have any hair on my legs. When I was a teenager it was the thing to do so I tried but there really wasn't anything to take off. That is one job I don't have to do - lucky me.

Comment

It’s delightfully cool and cloudy today and it’s been a lazy day for us. Slept in, late showers, late laundry and late breakfast/lunch. Best thing is we don’t feel a bit guilty for goofing off. We’ll probably watch a couple of episodes of Bosch on Amazon tonight, there has been nothing on network TV but stupid game shows and all the Bachelorette/Big Brother/Love Island garbage and we just flat refuse to watch those. Even the commercials make my brain want to run and hide.

We’re going to have the rest of the creamy tomato and shrimp pasta tonight along with some salad.

Comment

Charlene - My husband and I were just talking about Big Brother this evening as there was a commercial for it. I said "Who watches shows like that?" Same with The Bachelor/Bachelorette and Love Island. Enough is enough - they all seem the same and after a while all the people look alike too in the commercials.

Comment

Vera, there must be people that watch them, I can’t imagine wasting my time with them at all though. The only “reality” shows I do watch are Survivor and The Amazing Race and I’ve seen both of them since the first episodes. It’s no wonder so many are switching to streaming formats, lots to choose from. I’ve read all the Bosch books and I’m enjoying the series very much. My husband even likes it!

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                Chayote - You will have to change your profile picture!!
                My dear friend, Vera... as much as I would like to embrace the changing of my profile picture, it's not going to happen in this lifetime... *LOL* I'm thinking of going back to my Grade 1 photo because I'm almost identical to Immy at the same age.
                I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
                would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Working...
                X