Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 23rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another HHH day with the high of 86 and the low of 70. There is a slight chance of rain predicted.

I am making Spanish rice with hamburger in it, a salad and cantaloupe.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am trying something new. Buffalo chicken pasta in the crockpot. It could be good or we could order tacos if its not.

Comment

Big day for us... we each received our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine. We were initially told that we would have to accept the AstraZeneca vaccine because of our ages. Anyone over 60 must have AstraZeneca because there have been incidents of people dying after blood clots formed in their body or brain in a very few of the recipients. We were apprehensive but will to accept this vaccine in order to visit my Adelaide family for Hannah's birthday in November or Christmas. When we arrived at the Vaccination Hub we were told that due to our general health issues, we would both be receiving Pfizer. That's what we wanted in the first place so that was a bonus. So far no side effects for either of us. Next one is in 6 weeks.

Dinner tonight: John had his usual roast pork with mashed sweet potato and peas. I had a leftover piece of crunchy chicken, scoop of sweet potato mash and the leftover salad from last night. For late supper I'll have a banana smoothie and a strawberry Pop Tart.

Tomorrow is another day closer to our new life in Adelaide. It won't really happen though until mid 2022.

I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote, Pfizer vaccine just got full approval by the FDA in the US today! I sure hope the anti-vaxxers wise up and get their shots. Two out of three of my kids refuse to get it, and I think I finally convinced the third one to get the shots and just don’t tell the other two that have been telling him not to. They sure didn’t get that trait from me! I firmly believe in getting vaccines. I vividly remember the polio epidemics in the early ‘50’s, my mother got polio and was hospitalized for weeks. You can be sure when the vaccines came out my sister and I were st the head of the line.

It’s been a very pretty day today, puffy white clouds in blue skies and about 70°, just perfect. We did a Walmart and Lowe’s run earlier, I think the people in line in front of us at WM must have been trying to finance a house or something, they were soooooo sloooooww. I told the lady behind us in line that if she’s behind me she’s in the wrong line, I always seem to get the dead slow ones.

I’m going with an easy “no brain” dinner tonight; Velveeta Shells and Cheese mixed with some Aidell’s chicken sausage with bacon and pineapple in it sautéed with onions. Cucumber salad with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
          Chayote, Pfizer vaccine just got full approval by the FDA in the US today! I sure hope the anti-vaxxers wise up and get their shots. Two out of three of my kids refuse to get it, and I think I finally convinced the third one to get the shots and just don’t tell the other two that have been telling him not to. They sure didn’t get that trait from me! I firmly believe in getting vaccines. I vividly remember the polio epidemics in the early ‘50’s, my mother got polio and was hospitalized for weeks. You can be sure when the vaccines came out my sister and I were st the head of the line.
          Charlene... I'm sorry your Mom got polio. I had a cousin who was hospitalised and put into an iron lung. She was about 4 years old. He mother had just given birth to naturally conceived identical triplets and her doctor told her that if she wanted her 4yo to live, she should find someone else to look after the triplets. She did that... I know my Mum had one, my grandmother had one and I'm not sure about the third one. The little girl survived and the mother took her triplets back when they were about 6 months old.

My middle sister was a newborn when a ship carrying crew suffering from Smallpox came into the port near our home. The local Health department ordered that every child and adult within the State to have the Smallpox. My sister still has the flower-shaped scar on her arm and she wears it with pride of having lived through that epidemic.

There are a lot of antivaxers in Australia and they are already complaining that nursing homes and hospitals are pushing to make the vaccine compulsory for workers. When I go to hospital for my surgery I would like to know that the nurses and surgeons caring for me are safe to be near. If we need nursing home care, the same applies. This stinker of a virus attacked our nursing home residents first of all... those residents who survived need to be protected.

We were late getting our COVID vaccines because we were hanging out for Pfizer over AstraZeneca because of John's health conditions. Having said that, we isolated ourselves as much as possible.
          I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
          would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Chayote, my mother was very fortunate that she only had a mild case of polio, but she still had to endure all the Sister Kenney treatments and everything else for weeks in the hospital. We had to stand outside a window to visit her. For several years she did have some numbness in the toes on one foot. She took one dose of the polio vaccine when it became available, but she had a very polio-like reaction to it that scared her pretty badly. She lived to be 94, became a licensed pilot, owned and flew her own plane, traveled the world and had a good life. She always made sure we got all our vaccines and I made sure my kids got theirs.

I think this younger generation doesn’t appreciate the good that vaccines do because they never had to experience the hardships that people had to face before vaccines were developed. When I was in 3rd grade I got a bad case of measles (pre-vaccines) and we didn’t realize I had them, so I went on a field trip with my 3rd grade class to our local phone company. When I got home the measles rash broke out and I missed about 2 weeks of school. When I came back to school half my class was out with the measles and several people at the phone company got them too. So, yes, vaccines!

Comment

Four out of my five kids refuse to get vaccinated. My oldest daughter I kind of understand because she had had reactions to almost every vaccine she has gotten, but I keep telling her the reaction to covid would be worse. I call all the kids plague rats now since they are out there spreading germs around.

Comment

Doesn’t that just drive you bats**t crazy Muzette? Two of mine are all into the conspiracy theories about them and are pretty militant about refusing to get them. It’ll be interesting to see if their jobs make it mandatory. My daughter is a substitute teacher and my son is an engineer at Honda R & D. My youngest finally son told me he’d get it and I hope he does. He’s got a compromised immune system and he sure doesn’t need COVID. Unfortunately his siblings feed him their BS about the shots. I love my kids dearly but sometimes they’re idiots!

Comment

Working...
                X