Mom----Another Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom----Another Update

Just got a call from my sister and it's not good news. There is nothign the hospital can do for my mom, so we are putting her on hospice. She will be back at the rest home, probably this evening, depending on when hospice can get there. I have no idea how long it will take, but it gives me time to prepare a little bit.

Allie,

My heart is aching for your, your mom and your family. I am so very sorry. I will continue the prayers for everyone. Please take care of yourself.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear that. Sorry for you and your family.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this.

Comment

I’m so sorry to hear this. The hospice care my parents had was amazing and so helpful to our family and I hope you have the same caring experience.

Comment

It is tough losing a parent no matter what their age. Stay strong - your family needs all their strength right now as you all go through this.

Comment

My heart is breaking for you, Allie. Try to enjoy as much of the time you have with your Mom and let her leave with happy memories for both of you. (((((HUG)))))
              I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
              would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I’m so sorry Allie. (((Hugs)))

Comment

So sorry to read this
                  My prayers are for your mom ,
                  you and family.

Comment

My mom is back at the rest home. Her numbers went up to a good place after the hospital stay. My sister thinks she has a couple of months left if they can keep her hydrated. She is now on a pureed renal diet, but the hospice lady said to just get hr to eat, no matter what it is. she likes her sweets and fruits and if that is all she will eat, then so be it.
                    It was just odd to hear them say they cannot take her to the hospital unless it is a physical injury because Medicare doesn't pay for bot hospice and hospital.

Comment

I am glad that your mom is out of the hospital and resting easier.

The insurance companies always want the premiums but do not think they should pay back out. I have seen it time and time again and it seems like it is getting harder and harder getting meds and services paid for.

I will continue the prayers for you and your family and for the hospice care she is receiving.
                      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                      He drew a circle that shut me out.
                      But love and I had the wit to win,
                      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I hope you will get your second vaccination soon and will be able to go see her, even if she is not always aware of who you are.
                        Don't most hospital have a section for hospice patients ?? I am not familiar how all this works, but it seems that it is getting more and more difficult to get good care.
                        I especially dislike the tele visit options, I know it is because of covid ( isn't everything these days because if covid, covid has turned into a perfect excuse for everything these days ) but how can a doctor do a visit when he only sees the patient via face time on a small phone screen. And is expecting the patient to have his temp taken at home and his BP taken at home and of course weigh himself, all ready to go when the doctor actually finally calls . Vent over !

Comment

I took my second vaccine Tuesday, so in a little more than a week, I'll be considered fully vaccinated, but with this new COVID variant, that doesn't seem to matter. I'll still wear my mask and follow the rules as if I haven't been vaccinated.
                          This second vaccine was way worse than the first one

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
                            I took my second vaccine Tuesday, so in a little more than a week, I'll be considered fully vaccinated, but with this new COVID variant, that doesn't seem to matter. I'll still wear my mask and follow the rules as if I haven't been vaccinated.
                            This second vaccine was way worse than the first one
                            Yes, and here we thought that once we were vaccinated it all would go back to normal, silly us.

Comment

Seeing that your mom likes sweets try
                              watermelon. Someone can also make
                              it into juice and can freeze for latter.
                              It taste cool and good for a patient

Comment

Working...
                              X