Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Ugh, another HHH day with the temperature climbing more each day along with the heat index and humidity. The high of 90 and the low of 72.

Some schools are closing for the day and will stay closed until the weather conditions are cooler. Older schools do not have AC and I know when I was in school I never understood why the office people had air conditions in the windows and we sat in classrooms so hot that you could do nothing except ask for getting a drink from the fountain and that certainly was not cold water, just room temperature.

Dinner tonight will be grilled meatloaf and cheese sandwiches, raw veggies and watermelon.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Grilling some steaks tonight and creamed corn. I am washing all the bedding today so that fun lol. I had planned on steam cleaning the grout today but my steam cleaner blew up. I just bought it too so now I have to go to Kohls to return it since it was an Amazon purchase. I guess its not a big deal since I have to run out to pick up kids snacks since I will have all 3 of them for the next 2 days.

Comment

Unsettled night for both of us... just pain in our arms where we had the vaccine. The only other vaccine I've every had that hurt later in the day was tetanus. It's not sore now so I'm grateful that the minor pain we had was the only side effect.

It's freezing cold here... weather bureau said it was the coldest August day for 20-odd years. It was the icy rain that made it feel colder.

Groceries were delivered this afternoon so John happily had a burger for his dinner. I made a salad with the last of the crunchy chicken and some bacon.
      I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
      would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

It’s another beautiful day, puffy white clouds and mild temperatures. I’ve got the front door open and I can hear my wind chimes. It’s just been a quiet day, Ken’s out getting the linear actuators installed on the street rod hood. Since he had to modify the hood a bit it lost the ability to latch it down and open it with the hood latch. The actuators will be activated by a remote and they’ll lift the hood automatically. Pretty slick operation! I helped him tighten down the mounting brackets.

I’m making calamari steaks again, they came out so good last week. I’m making baby gold boiled potatoes with Chef Shamy’s garlic butter and some sautéed zucchini.

Comment

Working...
        X