Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

My AC was running throughout the night so I knew it was hot and muggy all night but I still was not prepared for the height of the humidity upon opening the door this morning. It rained late afternoon yesterday and then the sun came back out and the steam was just rising off the road adding into the humidity. I am spending another day inside and sticking my head out for the mail only.

The HHH weather continues with the high of 88 and low 90's with the low of 70.

Chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, sliced tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and peaches over ice cream will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We went out today! ...like, we left our house a drove to the shopping centre. It's at least 12 months since we've been there. John had an appointment with an Optometrist that just happened to be inside the centre. Most of the shops were closed... only food shops and medical places. I couldn't go in with John because the Optometrist explained that she was only allowed to have one customer plus herself which was perfectly understandable. While he was in there I wandered down to the butchers and bought lamb chops and lamb riblets. John came out of his appointment very happy because she cleared him for driving and that was the last test he needed so he could keep his drivers licence. As we walked back to the car I just happened to detour into the green grocers and bought strawberries, watermelon and lettuce and then I noticed a bakery opposite so I bought some jam doughnuts. By then John said we'd best go home just in case I bought everything... *LOL*

For dinner we had lamb chops, steamed potatoes... John had peas and I had salad. It was very enjoyable and a very welcome change from eating pork.

https://i.imgur.com/eGmEZ4O.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

Looks good Chayote, makes me hungry.

Comment

It’s been cool and cloudy today and we did get a light sprinkle of rain this morning. We can definitely feel fall coming. Not much going on, got a haircut and stopped at the drive-thru ATM at the bank for some cash.

I’m going to roast up a package of Trader Joe’s shawarma chicken thighs and I’m going to make some Basmati pilaf and creamed spinach to go with it.

Comment

Working...
        X