Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I feel like I keep reliving the day over and over in the weather department. HHH with the high of 90 with the the heat index of 98 and the low of 72. I will set out a large glass of ice water with wet paper towels wrapped around it for the person that will deliver the mail today. They have told me that it is such a relief wiping their face and neck with the cold towels and drinking some water. I am in the middle of their route in this area so I also put out some pieces of cold fruit they can just tip the small plastic cup and get the fruit without touching it as their hands get so dirty handling all the mail. It is so brutal when the heat is like this for them walking mostly in the sun.

A omelet with veggies and cheese will be dinner along with cantaloupe.

What will be your dinner?
    Last edited by livetobake; 08-28-2021, 08:07 AM.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Not much happened today... I baked bread, watched the Paralympics and now doing some crochet.

Dinner: John cooked a leg of pork today so he had some hot on a bread roll; I had a bowl of chicken and corn soup.

Early night for me... tomorrow is another day...
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

The kids all went home last night finally. I know I will be child free for at least a week or more so woo hoo! I deep cleaned and sanitized the living room. I swear kids touch everything! The 2 yr old has a weird cleaning obsession so yesterday morning I gave him a magic eraser and he was a big help in scrubbing handprints off the walls. He actually did a really good job so that was a big help. The rest of the house can wait, getting on my hands and knees to wash floors is no joke.

Its a clean out the fridge kind of weekend. I grilled steaks and made eggs for breakfast and I will have cocktails for dinner. I also poached some chicken that was use it or loose it, so probably chicken salad tomorrow.

My daughter asked me to take the kids in October if they go on vacation. I said only if she gets vaccinated and I am going to stick to my guns on that one. If not I guess their other grandma can watch them and I am ok with that!

Comment

Oven Hot Dogs. Smear Mayo, Relish and Mustard inside the buns, set frank inside the bun , add chili no beans, cheese and fresh onion. 350 @ 45Min.
        www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

That sounds good Sharkie. My toaster oven would work perfectly for that.

It is nice seeing you post. Have a great weekend!
          Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
          He drew a circle that shut me out.
          But love and I had the wit to win,
          We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been a pretty day today, we just relaxed most of the day, didn’t do much of anything.

We’re going to Nutty’s Junkyard Grill in Arlington for dinner tonight. We’re both having the bleu cheeseburgers and fries.

Comment

Working...
            X