Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

And the beat goes on with a high of 91 with the heat index around 98 and the low of 71.

Dinner will be BBQ chicken sandwiches, Cole slaw, baked beans and smoothies.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Brrr... I'll be glad when this Winter is over. Usually it's starting to warm up by the end of August but here we are still shivering.

I managed a bit of housework today... not as much as we need but it was ok. My knee is limiting me so much.

Dinner tonight: Lamb ribs crumbed in panko crumbs and shallow fried. They were very nice. For dessert I had a punnet of strawberries... equally as nice and very cheap at the moment. I bought three punnets and might go back to buy enough for a couple of jars of jam. My late supper will most likely be hot chocolate shake and some toasted raisin bread.
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Comment

I started deep cleaning the kitchen this morning. I scrubbed the cabinets and had the counters and oven done, then I started on the fridge. I should have done that first because I felt obligated to use up a bunch of stuff and made another mess.
      I have garlic knots in the oven, chicken salad and a veg salad all made for dinner. Making up my shopping list for tomorrow and watching tv for the rest of the day.

Comment

It’s been a beautiful day today, temperatures in the low 70’s and a nice breeze. We did some work in the yard, cleared out some weeds and got them into the green barrel for pickup tomorrow.

It’s going to be a clean out the fridge night tonight. We’re finishing the chicken shawarma, having more Basmati pilaf and more of the Apple and Sauerkraut salad.

Comment

Working...
        X